Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a multinational heavy and mining equipment company with presence in Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Sierra Leone and Tanzania. Due to their internal expansion, they have decided to recruit the position of:
Reporting to: Managing Director - Nigeria
Business Activity: Distribution of Construction and Mining Equipment and Parts Supply Support
- Reporting to the Managing Director - Nigeria, the Head of Sales oversees and is responsible/accountable for the leadership, strategic market analysis, customer targeting, forecasting, and sales training for the region with respect to equipment. This includes strong product knowledge, analyzing customer needs, generating and following up on sales leads, advising customers and answering questions, in order to achieve the sales objectives and optimize the relationship.
Key Performance Measures and Responsibilities
- Key performance measures include - overall Country business performance, as well as delivering Equipment revenue and gross margins, and department operating profit in line with strategic goals, budgets and initiatives as well as growing customer base and attempting penetration in several market segments ( Mining, agriculture, civil engineering, etc.) This includes economic profit, operational cash flow and investment levels in the department and the business.
- Market Analysis, Forecasts and Inventory Management
- Relentless market intelligence, trend and other analysis and understanding to focus on sales success.
- Develops strategy/approach to provide expansion of existing customers, new customer acquisition and new market targeting/penetration.
- Managing equipment inventory
Key Account Management:
- Develops strong and strategic relationships with key customers.
- Planning with customers to anticipate needs/react to change
- Develop solutions based approach with customers to help them achieve and exceed performance targets/ customized solutions.
- Sets customer plans
- Proposal Management, Policies and Procedures, Contracts and Data Base Management
- Develops, implement, maintains and adheres to inventory policy /procedure
- Develops and maintains standard quoting format and contracts to ensure that the approach balances strategy with necessary securities in place. (company policy)
- Develops/maintains robust model and price comparisons with competitors
- Customer/fleet data base management.
- Responsible for the overall procurement function of Equipment - in relationship with the MD of Nigeria
- Responsible for the correct importation processes into Nigeria
- Responsible for ensuring imported Equipment are transported to the premises of the company’s Equipment/ Customer site.
- Regional Sales Team Management, Product Knowledge and Training
- Oversee/develop/support Equipment sales staff development and training.
- Develop strong 2-way communication with staff and peers.
- Ensure strong and detailed product knowledge and competitor comparison.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field
- 10 years' experience in a Construction Equipment Dealership.
- Willingness to travel throughout the region on a regular basis
- Experience in construction/mining equipment is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of the market we operate in and the customers contained in that market.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the company's product experience
- Must have a very good product knowledge
- A qualified individual with strong commercial knowledge that will lead the Nigerian Sales Team.
- Detailed experience in the field that is self-motivated and does not mind getting his/her hands dirty.
- Must be able to work alone when required to do so. Hands on experience in the Nigerian market and strong leadership capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of the business/ Markets we operate in.
- Must be prepared to travel to the territories on a regular basis.
- Proactive, self-starter, team player, collaborative, able to influence without authority, effective mentor.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates shouldan updated version of their CV's to: email@example.com
Kindly indicate title of job position as subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted. If you are not contacted after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale