Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and in New Zealand, Asia, Mongolia and Africa.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Ewekoro project in Nigeria which involves all limestone mining activities for client Lafarge. Macmahon undertakes a broad scope of work at the Ewekoro site including overburden removal of materials, drill and blast activities, excavation and transportation and the upgrade and maintenance of quarry roads.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and engage effectively with the project workforce and client to create a performance culture.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Ensure all production personnel including contractors and client personnel operate safely and comply with all acts, regulations, laws and client rules and regulation applicable to the contract and the Nigerian mining industry
· Maximise performance of company assets and deliver on set production KPI''s and targets
· Prepare the mine plan on required time horizons
· Ensure the Macmahon''s business processes are complied with and meet Macmahon''s internal and statutory requirements and Macmahon contractual obligation to the client
· Provide assistance and resources to reports to enable them to complete their work tasks
· Ensure agreed client''s production are achieved and exceeded if possible
· Ensure the site complies with all client required standards and operating procedures
· Be involved in client negotiations and discussions including monthly meetings as required
· Sets the direction for the site''s standards of safety performance
· Ensure production activities requiring exposure to critical risks are identified and mandatory controls are in place
· Undertake informal individual feedback reviews with direct reports on each roster
· Ensure Macmahon performance review process is followed and development plans are in place for all superintendents and the wider department
· Display comprehensive knowledge of contractual KPI''s and take necessary actions to ensure production and financial success
· Prepare annual CAPEX budget
· Ensure all significant production non-conformances are investigated immediately to determine root cause and corrective action to re-align with project KPI''s
· Develop and implement production improvement plans with accountabilities assigned to relevant personnel
Skills and experience required
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.