Community Relations Officer (Onshore) at WTS Energy
Posted on: 13 January, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WTS Energy
WTS Energy are urgently looking for a Drilling Fluid Superintendent to work in Lagos Nigeria on an equal rotation. The client is an international E&P operator.
About the job
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Take on a public relations job that basically makes the company look good to the people living in the area where SCMF operates.
- Keep a listening ear in the community for what is said about the company and takes action to correct any misunderstanding.
- Make community contributions on behalf of the company and address conflicts/controversy immediately.
- Implement recruitment guidelines as approved by the HR leadership to ensure capturing the immediate populace as its workforce whenever necessary.
- Assure the community that the company has complied with state and federal safety laws as it concerns environmental impact.
- Organize relief or help for families in need if a tragic event occurs in the community and also makes the presentation on behalf of the company.
- Recommend to company when it is wise to support local charities, NGOs and schools in the area of operation.
- Recommend to company when to help support the social, medical or financial needs of the Unyenge community.
- Visit community colleges, secondary and primary schools near the area and conducts seminars on career guidance and counseling.
- Participate in community occasions to represent the company, identify with the community and show solidarity to their causes.
- Issue press releases in coordination with headquarter public relations unit on any issue concerning health and safety of workers or its production facilities in the affected community.
- Is responsible for creating a variety of information about SCMF’s programs, services, and initiatives and distributing that information using the approved media platforms.
• At least a Bachelor's degree in the Arts or Humanities, Social or Behavioral Sciences or its equivalent is basic.
• A one year experience in HR or PR functions is an added advantage.
• Professional certification from NIPR or its equivalent may be considered.
• At least 3 years’ previous experience in community relations function in an oil and gas company is a benefit.
• Demonstrated experience in working with the media and community partnerships is added advantage.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WTS EnergySimilar Jobs
- Graduate Front Desk Officer at Beneprojecti Nigeria Limited
- Assistant Business Development Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Fadac Resources
- Engineering Vacancy at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Onstream Group Recruiting HSSEQ QA/QC Managers
- Job Openings at AOS Orwell
- Accountants at Integrated Oil & Gas Limited
- Job Openings at an Oil and Gas Firm - Vic Lawrence and Associates Limited