Community Relations Officer (Onshore) at WTS Energy
Posted on: 13 January, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
WTS Energy are urgently looking for a Drilling Fluid Superintendent to work in Lagos Nigeria on an equal rotation. The client is an international E&P operator.
About the job
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Take on a public relations job that basically makes the company look good to the people living in the area where SCMF operates.
- Keep a listening ear in the community for what is said about the company and takes action to correct any misunderstanding.
- Make community contributions on behalf of the company and address conflicts/controversy immediately.
- Implement recruitment guidelines as approved by the HR leadership to ensure capturing the immediate populace as its workforce whenever necessary.
- Assure the community that the company has complied with state and federal safety laws as it concerns environmental impact.
- Organize relief or help for families in need if a tragic event occurs in the community and also makes the presentation on behalf of the company.
- Recommend to company when it is wise to support local charities, NGOs and schools in the area of operation.
- Recommend to company when to help support the social, medical or financial needs of the Unyenge community.
- Visit community colleges, secondary and primary schools near the area and conducts seminars on career guidance and counseling.
- Participate in community occasions to represent the company, identify with the community and show solidarity to their causes.
- Issue press releases in coordination with headquarter public relations unit on any issue concerning health and safety of workers or its production facilities in the affected community.
- Is responsible for creating a variety of information about SCMF’s programs, services, and initiatives and distributing that information using the approved media platforms.
• At least a Bachelor's degree in the Arts or Humanities, Social or Behavioral Sciences or its equivalent is basic.
• A one year experience in HR or PR functions is an added advantage.
• Professional certification from NIPR or its equivalent may be considered.
• At least 3 years’ previous experience in community relations function in an oil and gas company is a benefit.
• Demonstrated experience in working with the media and community partnerships is added advantage.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Instrumentation & Controls Engineer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- IT Manager at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Oil and Gas Jobs at Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc
- Engineering Vacancies at Brunel Energy Nigeria
- Maventeq Systems Limited Recruiting For Inspection Engineers
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Opportunities at Funtay Global Resources Limited
- Secretarial Jobs at An Oil and Gas Company - Kimberly Ryan