Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of all of the activities of the Accounting Departments in WASBU for the accurate and timely dissemination of statutory reporting and financial management reports.
- Oversight and ownership of the internal control over financial reporting compliance efforts for all WASBU based operations for Bristow.
- Ownership of the monthly close process and consolidation of all WASBU results according to the company’s global reporting procedures and formats.
- Ensures that accounting staff members abide by regulatory guidelines, human resources policies and senior leadership's directives when performing duties.
- Responsible for implementation of new accounting and reporting standards for reporting under local GAAP (IFRS applicable in Nigeria) and US GAAP for group consolidated reporting.
- Main contact and liaison for external audit and internal audit activities related to WASBU (Nigeria based) statutory reporting and consolidated reporting under US GAAP performed for those operations.
- Responsible for staff training and communication on the impacts for new accounting standards or policy changes.
- Responsible for management of the preparation of all WASBU statutory reports for compliance with local requirements, including liaison, where necessary, with Corporate colleagues in both the UK and US for consolidated statutory and group reporting.
- Responsible for the integration of new businesses into the accounting and reporting processes and systems of Bristow.
- Strong business acumen - Understands business implications of decisions, displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition and aligns work with strategic goals.
- Analyses financial performance according to agreed KPIs and produces any and all required financial reports, including annual audited financial statements, to the Director, Global Operations Accounting (and, as required) the Chief Accounting Officer, highlighting exceptions and any areas of concern with recommended solutions.
- Performs tasks as assigned from the Director, Global Operations Accounting (and, as required) the Chief Accounting Officer with accurate and timely work to support financial needs.
- As necessary, assist the Director of Planning & Performance with annual business unit plans, the ongoing business unit forecasting processes, and provide input on relevant accounting support for new tenders and other related business analysis.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance plus professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent) required.
- 8-10 years’ experience within a global Accounting group.
- Previous supervisory experience; competent managing, inspiring and delegating to staff.
- A minimum of 5 years of SOX compliance experience.
- Knowledge of SAP and Hyperion.
- Operational experience of Nigerian operations are preferred, as well as knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DCAA and DCMA.
- Strong leadership, team management, interpersonal and customer service skills, including the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of individuals, both internally and externally.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and treasury/ banking working knowledge.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional skills with spreadsheets and reporting tools.
- Solid analytical skills-ability to read, analyzes, and interprets the most complex documents.