Our client is a leading investment management firm in Nigeria, four core business areas; Investment Banking, Asset Management, Securities Trading and Investment Research. The company deploys a full range of capital raising and financial advisory services to meet the needs of corporate and institutional clients. They are currently engaged in several high profile transactions in Agriculture, Power, Oil & Gas, Technology and Financial Services. An opportunity has now arisen for an Internal Control Officer in their Lagos Office.
• Formulate, direct and co-ordinate the delivery of excellent internal audit services in alignment with the Firm’s strategy and key objectives
• Review the accuracy of financial records, promote operational efficiency and ensure adherence to policies and procedures
• Develop an internal control testing methodology
• Examine procedures in existence to ensure that resources and assets of the Firm are safeguarded
• Evaluate information security and associated risk exposures
• Coordinate the review of accounting records to ensure proper records are maintained
• Review of financial statements as appropriate and liaise on regular basis with external auditors
• Ensure contract price and prices of purchased items are reasonable
• Minimum Second Class Upper Degree from a reputable University in Finance/Accounting, Economics/Business Administration or any related field
• Must hold a professional accounting qualification
• Minimum of 2 years post-NYSC relevant professional experience in internal control/risk management functions with a Capital Markets Operator, Investment Advisory firm or Financial Institution
• Superior analytical reasoning and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills – able to succinctly express complex ideas (verbally and in writing)
• Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Attention to detail and highly organized
• Efficient and goal oriented
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Execute the Firm's research strategy
• Initiate equity coverage of all key sectors and market commentary.
• Prepare all required periodic reports in a timely manner to keep client abreast of information and to aid decision making.
• Initiate research reports on Fixed Income and Macros.
• Set up research meetings for Clients and participate in company visits.
• Build strong relationship with the investor relations units and key contacts in both quoted and unquoted companies for corporate access.
• Ability to gather information from various sources and identify what is relevant to effectively communicate an investment thesis
• Must be able to plan and set up an investors conference and road shows.
• Participate in all conference calls, facts behind the figures and company visits.
• Understand the needs of the sales, portfolio management and investment banking units to support them with research
• Minimum Second Class Upper Degree in any social science course from a reputable University
• Relevant professional qualification (s) or Masters Degree will be an added advantage
• Between 1-2 years work experience in a similar role
• Financial Modelling
• Company/Business Valuation
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Effective and efficient at problem solving
• Attentive to detail and highly organized
• Great communication skills (oral, written and listening)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• High level energy
• Relationship building skills and confidence
• Ability to take initiative and ownership
• Ability to multitask and attack a problem from multiple angles
• Use of Bloomberg terminal and other analytical tools
To apply for this position, click here