Latest Jobs At Winrock International
Posted on: 11 January, 2015
Deadline: 15 January, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Winrock International
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of a Renewable Energy Technical Specialist Nigeria Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Project with Winrockts Clean Energy Group (CEG). The responsibilities, duties; and qualifications are described in the attached position description as shown below:
Renewable Energy Technical Specialist, Nigeria Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Project
Unit: Clean Energy Group (CEG)
Report to: Chief of Party (CoP)
- The Promoting Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Project (hereinafter referred to as the Renewable Energy Project) is a three-pronged approach to developing the renewable energy and energy efficiency markets in Nigeria.
- The first component of the program establishes a Development Credit Authority (DCA) instrument to provide partial credit guarantees to local Banks (initially Eco Bank and First Bank) in order to increase debt financing to the clean energy sector.
- The second component is a Global Development Alliance (GDA) with the Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN), which will link investors/financiers and clean energy project developers to help produce bankable project and equity financing proposals.
- The third component will provide technical assistance and vocation training on renewable energy technologies (RET5) and for the successful implementation of the Renewable Energy Project.
- The fourth component will promote strong environmental policy through direct interaction with legislators and community based coalitions.
- The proposed program will be implemented in Nigeria over a four year period with an estimated prect budget of $4Million which will be incrementally funded, depending on funds availability.
- Provide overall technical support to CoP;
- Lead technical support for all renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) activities.
- Conduct site and power loads assessments for potential RE projects utilizing solar, wind, biomass, and hydra technologies.
- Investigate new and emerging RET applications as possible solutions to projects.
- Support implementation of RET projects.
- Support preparation of necessary technical specifications, tender documents for construction of RET projects.
- Prepare technical reports to guide RET project design and construction works.
- Supervise and participate in preparing technical documents such as bill of quantities, procurement documents, tender documents, tender evaluation, purchase, construction-and installation contracts.
- Guide and supervise engineers and local companies involved in construction of RE projects.
- Conduct power systems electrical testing and evaluation.
- Maintain favorable relationship with all relevant national energy related agencies and support all RE activities to be discussed, coordinated and implemented hh such agencies.
- Interact directly with industry, NGOs, financial institutions to increase develop, promote, and support RE and EE clean
energy technical development.
- Provide guidance for RE and EE codes and standards to industry and government agencies.
- Plan, supervise, prepare and provide training and capacity building on RETs for industry and stakeholders;
- Participate in the preparation & technical reports and publications.
- Travel to project sites to monitor and evaluate the progress and quality of RE work.
- Work with NGOs, advocacy groups, and other stakeholders to develop a clean energy coalition;
- Assist with community engagement activities to promote the project and dean energy projects; and,
- Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required and make presentations and give lectures where necessary.
Qualification and Background
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology other related field is required. Preference for
Mechanical or Electrical engineering graduates.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the renewable energy field in design and installation of renewable energy power systems (photovoltaics, micro-hydra power, biomass power conversion, wind power).
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects in Nigeria or West Africa is a plus.
- Understanding of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies, and related experience in finance, policy, and capacity building.
- Engineer or engineering technician in the power systems field; Practical hands-on skills" for power system test and evaluation and related equipment;
- Project monitoring and evaluation skills; Good oral and written communications skills; and, 'Computer Skills (&IS Word, Excel, AutoCAD).
- The remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org referencing "Senior Renewable Energy Policy Specialist Nigeria Renewable Energy"
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Winrock InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International