Location: ABUJA – CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC)
Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION TITLE: IT Assistant, FSN-07/FP-07
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40hours/week
OR – Ordinarily Resident – N3,459,393p.a. (Starting basic salary)
Position Grade: FSN 07
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Non Ordinarily Resident –AEFM/EFM/MOH – US$34,667 (Starting Salary) p.a.
Position Grade: FP-07
NOTE: ALL NON ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE SPONSORING OFFICER UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION (COM) AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO BE ASSIGNED OFFICIALLY TO POST.
The U.S.Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of IT Assistant in the
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Abuja Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the IT Manager, the incumbent acts as the help desk Assistant in the management and processing of incoming service desk requests. She/he provides day to day ICT customer service and technical support to users on the Local Area Network(LAN) as assigned by the IT Manager. This position troubleshoots and resolves user problems with their workstations, core business applications, internet access and file print services, automated installation services, cable and telephone connectivity. The incumbent performs delegated server systems admin istrations management of IP telephony. She/he conducts basic user training on application use such as MS Office Suite, Citrix and the Intranet as directed by the IT Management. This position also takes part in repair and preventive maintenance of IT hardware.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electrical and electronics engineering, Physics and Mathematics. Certification in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems such as MCP, MCSA or MCITP is required
2. Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in providing front end ICT technical support including current Microsoft desktop operating systems and office suite, installation and configuration of third party application such as Citrix client and use of Symantec Ghost for imaging PCs and laptops is required.
3. Level IV ( fluent ) Speaking/Reading/Writingin English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Intermediate knowledge of hardware management including servers, personal computers and peripherals such as Smart mobile phones, printers, wireless network devices and audiovisual devices is required.
5. A good customer service skill is required.
6. Incumbent must have advance knowledge in IT administration and software including current MS Windows desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for US Federal Employment (DS - 174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS- 174; plus ,
2. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
5. Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.