MoneyGram International Inc. is a money transfer company based in the United States with headquarters in Dallas, Texas. It has an operation center in St. Louis Park, Minnesota and regional and local offices around the world.
The Regional Compliance Officer is responsible for working directly with MoneyGram agents within the Anglo West Africa region (Nigeria & West Africa). The incumbent is a primary compliance resource with responsibilities of: measuring Agents’ Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs; driving training and awareness initiatives, and, providing guidance and support to Agents. The incumbent will also be responsible for driving Agents to implement or enhance compliance and anti fraud policies and procedures and assist in the development of Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, as required. The Regional Compliance Officer will partner and liaison with business unit representatives to ensure that Agent policies and controls are practical, efficient and workable; captures MoneyGram policies and expectations, as well as regulatory requirements. The incumbent will be tasked with proposing corrective action measures to mitigate any risks identified throughout the execution of tasks.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional
designations/certifications in this field are highly desirable.
Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of educational and work experience.
3-5 years’ work experience within the financial services industry
• Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred – outside of US; required – US)
• Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and Agents
• Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment
• Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram's business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature
• Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information
• Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
• Ability to articulate and convey complex, conceptual information to various audiences verbally and in writing
• Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies
• Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations
• Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, selfscheduling, and follow-up
• Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
• Fluent in French and English language.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.