Our client, one of the top three leading multinational pharmaceutical companies in the country requires the services of a Compliance Officer.
JOB LOCATION: Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
DIRECT REPORTING TO: Country Head or alternatively Legal Head or Finance Head
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING TO: Regional / Global Division Compliance Head and Country Compliance Head (CCH)
Enable and drive ethical business conduct through the effective implementation of the Integrity & Compliance program at the local level.
- Establish compliance standards based on internal policies and guidelines / implementing procedures (Code of Conduct [CoC], Business Practice Office [BPO], Anti-Bribery [AB] and Principles and Practices for Professionals [*P3’s]) and on applicable local laws and regulations incl. industry code, where applicable [*P3s include ‘Company’ Pharma Principles and Practices for Professionals, Over the Counter [OTCP3] etc]. Align local standards with global minimal standards and ensure that in all cases the most stringent is applied.
- Establish processes and Standard Operating Practice’s[SOPs] for relevant policies
- Support the CCH in the assessment of Compliance coverage, skills and resources
- Establish an annual local training plan for CoC, BPO, AB, P3s (and ensure on-boarding and annual refreshers on compliance standards and business practices are conducted)
- Regularly monitor the completion of (e)-training courses and (e)-certification of CoC, and take appropriate action to ensure the agreed completion target for (e)-training (95%) and (e)-certification of CoC (100%) are met. Ensure system for documenting and evidencing training completion is followed.
- Champion speak-up, transparency and a culture of integrity throughout the organization
- Actively involve country / region leadership to leverage integrity messages and to maintain high level of awareness (Tone from the Top)
- Continually provide advice and guidance to the business on compliance topics and challenges (including on the required approval processes)
- Together with the relevant members of the local management team, foster ethical behavior by ensuring compliance criteria are included in objectives / incentive process
- Advise country management on compliance related topics and compliance aspects of major initiatives
- Actively follow trends in the market, regulatory environment including in business practices
- Actively engage in industry associations and other compliance related stakeholder groups
- Actively participate in Country Compliance Meetings (organized by CCH) and share best practices
- Support the CCH in the identification and realization of cross-divisional synergies
- Assess risks. Inform country leadership and CCH on identified compliance risks. Align compliance risk mitigation plan with management and CCH
- Conduct self-assessments to monitor the status of the compliance program, within the respective division at local level. Ensure a self-assessment is conducted annually.
- Regularly update country leadership and regional / global compliance (of your respective division) and the CCH on the status of the compliance program
- Involvement in a process to conduct third-party due diligence together with relevant functions
- Ensure allegations of misconduct are reported in a timely manner to the BPO
- Inform Global Division Compliance Head and Country Management of areas which represent a material compliance or reputational risk
- If possible and as requested, support or conduct investigations of alleged misconduct based on allocation of responsibility by the BPO.
- Support country management in proposing and implementing sanctions relating to BPO cases for consistency of sanctions throughout the country (BPO resolution process)
- Following the closing of the investigation by the BPO, identify and support implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence of misconduct in consultation with Global Division Compliance Head and Country Management
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- All local compliance standards established for the respective Division are aligned with local regulations/standards and company policies. Documentation of this alignment is available.
- Local processes and SOPs for relevant policies are established and implemented
- All associates are trained on Code of Conduct, BPO, Anti-Bribery and P3s
- Annual (e)-Training and (e)-Certification completion targets are reached
- BPO processes implemented and communicated to all associates
- Compliance-related risk assessment conducted
- Monitoring: self-assessment conducted and remediation plan developed (if necessary)
High impact on organization – key in implementing the compliance program, in securing company reputation, managing risks, and fostering a culture of integrity.
EDUCATION: University Degree in business or law or other relevant subject matter
LANGUAGES: Fluent English and local Nigerian language
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of six (6) years Experience in project and process management; experience in the healthcare industry
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Solid presentation and advocacy skills
- Passion for business integrity topic and impeccable integrity track record
- Solid knowledge of pharmaceutical industry, its dynamics and customer needs
- Ability to represent the organization externally on integrity / compliance topics
- Ability to question and improve status quo
- High personal integrity
- Experience with corporate responsibility and with balancing global standards and local cultures
- Character to resist business pressure
- Results driven, disciplined and excellent in multi-tasking
- N 10, 000, 000 – N 12, 000, 000/ a
Method of Application
Qualified candidates with work experience in the Pharmaceutical & health care sectors should please forward CVs to‘email@example.com’ using ‘CO’ and years of experience as the subject of mail e. g “CO-6 years”.
Only experienced candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Application closes 28th January, 2015.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.