Graduate Jobs in a First Generation Bank
Posted on: 8 January, 2015
Deadline: 15 January, 2015
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Whytecleon
Our client, a first generation bank in the Nigeria economy seeks to recruit highly intelligent, young, well articulated and dynamic professionals with integrity for the position below:
- Taking deposit from customers and crediting their accounts respectively.
- Collection and posting of dividend warrant
- Processing of cheque lodgement for local and central clearing
- Opening of Savings and Current Accounts
- Calling of tellers transaction on daily basis
- Posting of profit and loss account
- Payment of cheques that meet mandate requirements
- Receive all cheques of any amount, provide timely and courteous teller services
- Obtain approval from head of tellers or appropriate authority for amount beyond own limit.
- Monitor the cash-in-till balance and request for funds as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by head of tellers.
- Open and close of teller batch for the day’s operations.
- Payment of cash and cheques withdrawal to customers.
- Received of both cash and cheques deposit into customers accounts.
- Register of all cash transactions in their respective registers and balance registers daily.
- Posting all customers’ transactions.
- Check customer’s balance and verify customer’s signatures.
- Ensure cash analyses are done on all cash transactions.
- Call over of daily transactions.
- Escalation of issues bothering on cash theft, lose, shortages/ overages.
- Carries out other tasks as assigned by the head of teller
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Very quick learner
- Keen attention to details
- Good team player
- Relationship Management
- Problem Solving
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite1
- Strong computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication
- Service orientation and strong Customer focus
- HND Graduate only (Minimum Lower Credit)
- Age: Not more than 27 years
- Experience in the banking industry will be an added advantage
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WhytecleonSimilar Jobs
- Divisional Manager - Syndications and Co-Financing at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Accountants at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
- Chief Environmental and Social Compliance Officer, SNSC at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Division Manager at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Job Vacancies at Lafenwa Osiberu & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Job Vacancies at a Finance Firm - Mario Consulting Limited
- Drivers at the World Bank
- Job Vacancies at a Micro-Finance Bank - Culminate Consulting