For 20 years, Vitamin Angels has been helping at-risk populations in need-specifically pregnant women, new mothers, and children under five-gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals.
The Vitamin Angels Alliance Inc. (VA), an International non-profit organization is recruiting to fill the position below:
- VA seeks to continue expansion of its vitamin A supplementation Program in Nigeria, and is engaging Consultant to assist VA's existing, Nigeria-based Consultants (Country Program Manager and Country Technical Advisor) to plan and implement the expansion of large-scale distribution of essential micronutrient products in one or more states in Nigeria.
- In general, this means VA seeks in its country program in Nigeria to work with local partners willing to accept responsibility for the problem of micronutrient deficiency and create a locally sustainable micronutrient supply and distribution system. In assisting VA to advance its programming in Nigeria, Consultant will provide support to Country Program Manager and Country Technical Advisor who are responsible for pursuing micronutrient product distribution activities to up to 100 NGOs in 2015.
Consultant (coordinator), as directed and supervised by Country Program Manager will be responsible for:
- Maintaining consistent and regularized interactions with grantees, counterpart organizations, and/or stakeholders,
- Providing logistical support to ensure domestic vitamin shipments reach grantees,
- Maintaining active records of all grantee relationships, and
- Providing basic technical assistance and support services to grantees and counterpart organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required and Desired)
- B.A./B.Sc degree from an accredited four year university with a relevant area of discipline,
- Minimum two years experience performing program administration and support with an organization that requires interaction with internal and external constituents,
- Computer literacy, including experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and able to input data to an online database after training,
- Based in Abuja, is willing to work from home and has reliable telephone and internet connectivity in the home,
- Willing and able to travel domestically and possibly internationally during consultancy,
- Superior written and oral communications skills,
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail, and
- Fluent in English
- Undergraduate degree in Public Health,
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline, preferably in management, public health, public administration or a related area,
- Fluent in Hausa, Yoruba, or Igbo
- Experience working or volunteering with a community service organization, and/or
- Experience traveling to and working in rural towns outside of FCT.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their professional resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale