Current Job Vacancy at Caring Heart Initiative (CHI)
Posted on: 8 January, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Caring Heart Initiative (CHI)
Caring Heart Initiative (CHI) is recruiting to fill the position of:
- To coordinate and supervise all operations and functions of the organization, with primary areas of responsibility including accounting, financial reporting, purchasing, budget management, administrative/financial data processing systems, management and facilities/equipment.
- To coordinate and carry out management functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, administer, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the activities of all assigned departmental functions.
- Develop and modify policies/procedures/systems in accordance with organizational needs and objectives, as well as government regulations.
- Train new employees especially on program development and implementation.
- Confer regularly with staff to plan and coordinate activities, assign and review work, assist with difficult or unusual tasks, resolve problems, and the like. Plan staffing needs.
- Monitor all delegated project management, accounting, budget management, and assigned functions regularly, dealing with a variety of problems that arise on a daily basis.
- Review and approve major or unusual transactions, key internal and external reports, and the like.
- Liaise with the grant manager to carry out management functions: coordinate the preparation and submission of grants applications, including budget preparation, completion of certifications, compiling of all materials, ensuring compliance with all requirements, communicating with donor grants officials regarding questions or problems;
- Liaise with grant manager to packages, screening budgets and negotiating required changes with applicants, routing to peer review panels and Board for approval, issuance of award notices, forms and reporting instructions; monitor sub grantee reporting and issue payments: verify quarterly financial reports,
- Play a key leadership role in coordinating the annual budget development process;
- Advise the Executive Director on project management strategies;
- Approve budget to actual expenditures, producing regular and special budget reports,
- Ensure compliance with all applicable donor accounting and financial,program and monitoring and evaluation reporting requirements;
- Liaise with the HR Manager to assign roles and responsibilities to employees
- Bachelor's degree in sociology or relevant discipline. Possession of MBA is an added advantage
- 3 years of relevant project management experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Good understanding of non profit project operations,
- Broad base of relevant technical knowledge and skills related to project development and implementation.
- Strong planning, administrative, organizational, personnel and budget management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with donor agencies, sub grantees, financial institutions, vendors, consultants, and others and represent the Organization best interest
- Applicants must reside in Lagos, applicants outside Lagos will not be considered.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Caring Heart Initiative (CHI)Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunity at eHealth SystemsAfrica
- Job Vacancies at PACT Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at VSO
- Job Openings at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at the Association Of Positive Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria
- Job Openings at UN Women
- Job Opportunity at i+ consortium
- Job Opening at Mercy Corps