Synapse Services - We are a fast growing “Center for Psychological Medicine” based within the Abuja metropolis, currently retaining the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services.
We provide psychological and counselling services, inpatient facilities/ treatment, day hospital, rehabilitation, community care etc. In addition we treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health and drug addiction.
Presently we are in the process of expanding our organization and are looking for exceptional, committed, innovative and highly motivated staff, willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to provide a stellar service within a confidentiality driven service practice.
Location: Abuja and Tafa, 30minutes drive from Kubwa –
Job Type: 6 months renewable contract
Salary Range: N90, 000 – N150, 000
1) Inpatient Assessment, ward rounds and review (diagnosis, management, plan, medications);
2) Liaising with consultants with regards to Inpatient and Outpatient care
3) Outpatient review and initial assessment;
4) Relating with patients relatives / caregivers on present state of health and further management;
5) Carry out home pickups of clients/potential clients;
6) Staff reviews on health related matters;
7) Provide documentation as regards Health reports and discharge summaries of clients;
8) Ensure that leaflets explaining diagnosis, medication and its effects are given to patient, explained and documented. Encourage consultants to explain diagnosis to patient and document it;
9) To respond promptly to the request of all medical staff (consultants and other doctors, nurses) to see any patients within the clinic and to advice or start any treatment as indicated;
10) Undertake specific medical procedures on patients within the clinic as requested by medical and nursing staff: cannulation, commencing i.v infusions, administration of i.v drugs, etc;
11) To check blood sample results and take necessary actions
The post holder will head the Business Team, develop and grow new and existing businesses of the hospital and be the Clinical Lead for the NGO (Reconnect - www.reconnecthdi.org).
1) Develop plans to market the services of the hospital beyond its immediate geographical catchment area;
2) Enthusiastically develop and maintain strong business and referral relationships with physicians, discharge planners and the medical community;
3) Responsible for tactical and strategic market planning;
4) Develop short and long-range management plans to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with hospital goals and objectives;
5) Assist in developing and maintaining psychiatrist, psychologist and other allied mental healthcare professional relations, both inside and outside the hospital and amongst sector actors;
6) Prepare and make presentations to prospective clients and networks to increase Synapse’ visibility;
7) Monitor activities of the Business Development team to assure successful strategies are implemented to meeting all set financial targets;
8) Perform managerial, and research duties as assigned;
Qualifications and Requirements:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should express their interest by sending their Curriculum vitae and application to:
Please note that the subject of the email should be "Medical Officer” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.