Spencer Ogden stands for the best in professional, proactive global energy recruitment – and our Oil & Gas team is no exception. Our managers have a wealth of experience both in recruitment and on-site, giving them the perfect insight and knowledge to understand your recruitment needs. We deliver worldwide across the upstream and downstream sectors to an award-winning standard - and it’s how we do it that makes all the difference.
Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
To provide instrumentation & controls engineering expertise to aid in the execution of the Company's onshore and offshore projects.
Department/Division/ Unit: Facilities - Engineering
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Functionally Reports To: Engineering Manager
Administratively Reports To: Engineering manager
Supervises: Direct report discipline engineer(s), support staff
Internal Relevant personnel within Facilities, Drilling and Production
External Engineering, design and construction contractors and other 3rd Parties (e.g. NAPIMS, DPR)
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
*To act as a focal point/technical authority for instrumentation & control engineering throughout all phases of engineering design, construction, offshore installation and commissioning.
*Review Design Bases, design drawings, specifications, etc.
*To act as required as the Company representative (instrumentation & electrical) to ensure that design work by contractors meets Company standards and relevant industry codes
*To monitor the performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions related to instrumentation & controls design.
*To assist Company resident and/or project engineers with the instrumentation & control engineering aspects of Facilities design.
*To participate in HAZOP's and other key design reviews.
*To provide input to Front End/Conceptual Engineering studies with respect to instrumentation & control design aspects
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
*On time delivery of work-scope to applicable specifications
Qualification: Minimum of 2nd class honours University Engineering Degree (Instrumentation or other relevant subject)
Professional Qualification: Membership of relevant professional institution preferred
Experience * Minimum twenty (20) years relevant experience on offshore and onshore projects within the upstream oil and gas industry.
* Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment
* Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least five (5) years
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
* Good understanding of project management controls and procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
* Solid working knowledge of oil and gas industry instrumentation & control engineering codes and standards.
* Have thorough knowledge of the design of onshore and offshore oil production facilities
* Sound understanding of HSES management systems and the application thereof, particularly with respect to design integrity and safety.
* Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
* Good reporting skills with the ability to write well structured
and easily understood reports
* Able to prepare and deliver effectively presentations for information dissemination both internally to management and externally to 3rd parties
* Fluent spoken and written English.
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles
* Good computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Project, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint)
* Good communication and team building skills - well able to lead and gain respect both internally and externally 3rd parties.
* Ability to improvise/prioritise with little notice without losing attention to detail.
* Proven track record of managing in multicultural situations.
* Self starter, results-driven and focussed on timely, accurate and high quality delivery
* Able to hold own ground when challenged but can present a balanced view in putting arguments forward.
For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
Spencer Ogden is working with one of Nigeria's leading producers on a position that is unique within the industry- A solid background in Production Technology would be beneficial for this role - A fantastic salary and package is on offer along with great long term incentives and career progression. Based in Victoria Island
The initial primary function of this role with be to act a 'bridging' technical expert between the Reservoir Management and Well Engineering departments of the business. It will then develop into a function whereby the applicant will be an integral part of all technical projects within the business, essentially leading many integrated teams from inception to completion.
The successful applicant will require:
Degree in Engineering or Science discipline, preferably with an MSc in Petroleum Engineering
Experience in a relevant production technology and operational role, preferably with an operating oil company, major service company or consultancy
Excellent communication and reporting skills with focused project management skills for project delivery
Strong analytical problem solving skills for technical problems within a multi-disciplined environment
Ability to work using own initiative without regular guidance or supervision.
Experience of mentoring and assisting other engineers with a project environment desirable
Excellent computer skills with knowledge and experience using engineering software applications such as Prosper, GAP, SAPHIR, WellCat etc. Knowledge and experience of visual basic programming as well as data-base development would be highly beneficial
This role is exclusive to Spencer Ogden: Apply directly to this add in order to be considered for shortlisting.
Spencer Ogden are currently working closely with a leading Nigerian operating company to assist them in bringing on board a Production Geologist to join their rapidly expanding team in Lagos.
Due to recent investment and rapidly growing global recognition, project demand has reached the stage where a Production Geologist is needed as a full time member of staff within the business who can grow and develop with the company.
This is a new role and provides an exciting opportunity for someone with an appetite for exploring innovative techniques and continuously learning, and who is prepared to push the boundaries in pursuit of novel solutions.
The successful applicant will have experience in:
Excellent static geomodeling skills.
Expert knowledge of Petrel software.
At least 10 years industry experience.
Educated to degree level.
Experience in working within an exploration and production company.
Be comfortable working within a team of 8 others.
As this role is a matter of urgency, interviews will be scheduled on application by application basis. Please do not hesitate to apply direct and I will be in touch as soon as possible.
Use the links below to apply