Designations: General Manager / COO
Reporting Structure: Individual will be reporting to the Managing Director
• 4 Expatriates on a day to day basis - Financial Manager / Works Manager / Loading Personnel & Business Development Manager.
• Approximately 100 +/- factory staff depending on season.
• Experience in working within a manufacturing industry, ideally within Galvanizing, tube mill, paint industry, roofing industry etc. but not essential.
• Preferably worked in Africa before but not essential.
• Already been a GM and/or has had experience managing individuals.
Preferably engineering / Business based education at higher levels, but will consider other subjects if experience is strong.
Age of Candidate:
• Between 35 - 60 years, no real preference, however must be suitable for role and willing to stay in position for minimum 5 years so should not be too old.
• A strong candidate who will be look after Rolled Steel Products on a day to day basis and will have to deal with general administration, ensuring that we produce efficiently and effectively and looking at quality and quantity of our product. The individual will need to deal with government officials such as health, environment, immigration, customs etc in addition he will have to assist in negotiating banking facilities, annual increments, deal with our Unionized staff accordingly.
• In addition the individual will have to plan all aspects relating to production plan staffing and shift work. The individual must also be able to understand the market conditions and assist the sales team maximize volumes on a monthly basis, the candidate will need to also be able to liaise with customers and also be willing to spend time in the market to understand the industry and how business is done in Nigeria.
• The Individual will have to be in close contact with suppliers and manage stock movements accordingly, ordering of spare parts and to ensure the stores department have enough spares at any given time. I.E general logistics.
• Must be able to meet production & sales targets on a monthly basis.
• Strategic mind, looking at ways to improve the factory, move forward with the times and and keep up with our competition.
• All the above must be done whilst reporting to the MD.
Profile of Candidate:
• Experience in Manufacturing.
• Commercial & Marketing acumen
• Strong Admin skills
• Strong planning skills - production, sales forecasting, material planning, logistics etc.
• Good People Person - Needs the ability to communicate effectively to banks, government officials, factory staff, customers, competitors.
• Basic financials skills for costing, budgeting, reconciliation.
• Eye for details.
• Good Negotiation skills.
• Strong team worker.
• excellent communication skills; written & oral.
• Good presentation skills
• Computer skills
Follow this link: http://connect.talentnow.com/JobSearch/SearchResults.aspx
Type Nigeria in the location field and search
For details speak to:
Jyoti Hinduja ( E: firstname.lastname@example.org | skype: Jyoti.hinduja | mobile: +91-769 88 88 633)