If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
JOB OPPORTUNITY – STEWARD/ASSISTANT COOK
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION TITLE: Steward/Assistant Cook
OPENING DATE: December 23, 2014
CLOSING DATE: January 6, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: TO BE DETERMINED BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS
The Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Steward/
Assistant Cook for the DCM Residence (DCR).
Employee reports to the Head Cook and serves as the Assistant Cook at the DCR. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepares meals for the DCM and guests, proposes and executes menus for official functions as directed and assists, as necessary, in serving food. Employee will keep records of menus for official functions, and regularly adds new recipes to the Official Residence files.
- Makes purchases of all necessary ingredients, such as vegetables and meats at the local market. In addition, the employee will maintain organized records of expenses for official functions.
- Cleans the kitchen precincts and pantry and maintains all kitchen appliances, equipment, dishes, pots and pans spotless clean and keeps the kitchen in good order at all times.
- Serves drinks and hors d’oeuvres at receptions.
- Cleans the residence and washes laundry. Escorts Embassy and contract maintenance staff when at the residence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Cook.
- Completion of Secondary School and vocational training in catering or as a Cook.
- Experience in the hospitality industry as a caterer, cook, or assistant cook is required.
- Knowledge of food preparation in local and continental cuisine is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading of English is required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. A current resume or curriculum vitae.
2. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4306 and 4261