Business: GE Power & Water
Business Segment: PW-PGS Power Generation Services
About Us: GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
Posted Position Title: Early Identification-P&W Engineering/Technology Intern
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Leadership Programs
The GE Internship Program is an investment in young talents where GE trains students who meet the required criteria to perform their internship program in a corporate function. Program duration is 12 months; the program will develop the general skills of the intern with on the job knowledge and experience.
Essential Responsibilities: The EID-P&W Engineering/Technology Intern role is responsible for providing technical support to regional team to develop a pipeline of potential opportunities incorporating Thermal products throughout Inquiry to Order processes. The opportunity/orders are power plant of 40MW to few hundreds MW mainly in Nigeria. This individual will understand and develop strategies to influence customer economic evaluation criteria for thermal power generation capital investments.
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Proactively promote and position GE early in the project phase to create value and influence by working closely with consultants, developers, EPCs industry OEM partners and customers.
- Provide technical expertise to Sales and Commercial Operations in selecting, implementing and developing competitive product applications.
- Estimate GE equipment and system performance and hardware evaluation throughout the bid process.
- Collect regional Voice of Customer and Voice of Market on the value of flexible generation solutions and support New Product Introduction activities.
- Influence customers to understand and recognize the full economic value that Thermal product solutions provide.
Currently studying for a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
Minimum of Second class- Upper honors at the time of application
Must be able to begin the internship from Jan 2015 and be available for at least 6 months
Authorized to work in your country full-time and without restriction
Proven communication and analytical skills along with a strategic mindset.
Fluent in English.
Self-driven with the ability to work in a global team
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Good leadership skills. Good Interpersonal skills.
To apply for this posituion, click here