Vacancy in a Logistics Company via Adexen
Posted on: 29 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the international container terminal operating company to recruit labor & Industrial relations manager for its operations in Nigeria
This position is based in Lagos- Nigeria.
Our client is an international container terminal operating company.
- Participates in the management-union negotiations, meetings, and any other industrial/employee related events and working closely with the Head, Human Resource and Chief Operating Officer in proffering guidance and solutions on matters discussed.
- Facilitates meetings between management and Executives of Unions and employee/industrial affiliate bodies.
- Recommends solutions and advises management on significant employee relations and disciplinary matters.
- Communicates significant changes in policies and processes to all departments.
- Supports the implementation of Management’s key/pivotal employee and industrial related decisions and policies.
- Manages relationship with external trade union(s), NIMASA as well as the Ministry of Labour on all employee related matter.
- Manages relationships with representatives from other Terminals within the industry, employers association in order to keep abreast of all maritime industrial relation matters.
- Oversees the registration and de-registration of Dock Workers with NIMASA and performs same with the existing Maritime Union.
- Facilitates the In-house Union meetings with the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Facilitates the organisational Internal stakeholders forum involving the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manages Industrial pressing issues as well as other floor issues with the workers/union representatives and provides timely feedback to the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Prevents employee work stoppage/strike actions.
- Manages all sensitive industrial relations correspondence from internal and external parties on all Industrial relations matters.
- Proactively Liaise with other departments and units within the organization to ensure that Labour issues are resolved quickly.
- Ensures adherence and compliance to government regulations as it’s relates to Labour union matters.
- Undertakes and manages approved management’s industrial/employee projects.
- Provides guidance on all BC engagement feedback meetings as well as follow ups on action planning
- Prepares and analyses reports that are necessary to carry out the function of the department and company.
- Oversees the development and administration of programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A relevant university degree in any discipline.
- Requires at least 6 years of being responsible for Labour relations within an organization.
- Must be familiar with Best practices in the professional field of Human Resources, Labour law and people management
- Good knowledge of labour laws
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Requires ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in English Language (written and spoken) and good report writing skills
- Management Skills
- Good conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Globaltrack Nigeria
- Latest Recruitment at NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML)
- Fresh Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Fresh Vacancies at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
- Jobs at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics