Vacancy in a Logistics Company via Adexen
Posted on: 29 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the international container terminal operating company to recruit labor & Industrial relations manager for its operations in Nigeria
This position is based in Lagos- Nigeria.
Our client is an international container terminal operating company.
- Participates in the management-union negotiations, meetings, and any other industrial/employee related events and working closely with the Head, Human Resource and Chief Operating Officer in proffering guidance and solutions on matters discussed.
- Facilitates meetings between management and Executives of Unions and employee/industrial affiliate bodies.
- Recommends solutions and advises management on significant employee relations and disciplinary matters.
- Communicates significant changes in policies and processes to all departments.
- Supports the implementation of Management’s key/pivotal employee and industrial related decisions and policies.
- Manages relationship with external trade union(s), NIMASA as well as the Ministry of Labour on all employee related matter.
- Manages relationships with representatives from other Terminals within the industry, employers association in order to keep abreast of all maritime industrial relation matters.
- Oversees the registration and de-registration of Dock Workers with NIMASA and performs same with the existing Maritime Union.
- Facilitates the In-house Union meetings with the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Facilitates the organisational Internal stakeholders forum involving the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manages Industrial pressing issues as well as other floor issues with the workers/union representatives and provides timely feedback to the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Prevents employee work stoppage/strike actions.
- Manages all sensitive industrial relations correspondence from internal and external parties on all Industrial relations matters.
- Proactively Liaise with other departments and units within the organization to ensure that Labour issues are resolved quickly.
- Ensures adherence and compliance to government regulations as it’s relates to Labour union matters.
- Undertakes and manages approved management’s industrial/employee projects.
- Provides guidance on all BC engagement feedback meetings as well as follow ups on action planning
- Prepares and analyses reports that are necessary to carry out the function of the department and company.
- Oversees the development and administration of programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A relevant university degree in any discipline.
- Requires at least 6 years of being responsible for Labour relations within an organization.
- Must be familiar with Best practices in the professional field of Human Resources, Labour law and people management
- Good knowledge of labour laws
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Requires ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in English Language (written and spoken) and good report writing skills
- Management Skills
- Good conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Customer Support Co-ordinators at Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited
- Latest Job Vacancy at eRecruiter Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at a World-Class Integrated Logistics Service Provider Company - Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Job Openings at Confidence Cargo Limited
- Drivers at Kerildbert Holdings Limited
- Jobs at a U.S Logistics and Technology Company - Workforce Group
- Transport Manager at Thasious International Company Limited
- Job Openings at a U.S Logistics Start-Up Company