With our best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is a fast-growing company committed to becoming the industry’s preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. ince initiating construction of our first four rigs in 2008, Pacific Drilling has grown into a successful, premium drilling contractor with more than 1,500 employees and contracts with the highest-quality clients in the industry.To date we have delivered six ships; two more vessels under construction will be completed within the year. Our fleet of eight ultra-deepwater drillships will represent one of the youngest and most technologically advanced fleets in the world.Throughout our development, we have remained committed to customer service and operating with the utmost integrity and focus on safety. Pacific Drilling will continue to combine the strength of a large, well-capitalized enterprise with the agility and flexibility of a small solution provider to the benefit of our customers, suppliers, employees and the communities in which we operate.Pacific Drilling's corporate offices are located in Houston, Texas, with operations offices in Brazil, Nigeria, Singapore and South Korea.
The primary focus of this position is to supervise the finance activity in country in regards to accounting, taxation, treasury, cost control, reporting (internal and external), planning (budgeting/forecasting) and documentation for the company in Nigeria.
This position will provide accounting support to the Finance team in the Houston office and in International locations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Comply with Pacific Drilling Code of Conduct and supporting policies, standards and applicable process documentation.
• Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
• Finance Administration and Controls
• Organize, establish, control and implement location specific procedures for the country including finance, document control, communication, accounting, customs clearance and taxes
• Ensure strong communication with internal management, vendors, 3rd parties, and contractors as required to fulfill the duties
• Ensure adherence to company corporate policies and country procedures
• Hiring, training and retaining competent finance staff
Accounting and Taxation
• Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
• Coordinating activities of external auditors
• Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
• Ensuring successful completion of the company’s local tax filings
• Preparing financial statements, including cash flow statements
Cost Control and Forecasting
• Managing the budget process
• Collect all committed, expended and forecasted costs associated with the country, to formulate budget revisions as required and to report financial results throughout the course of the operation
• Reconcile the budget of the country with the general ledger
• Prepare project authorization (including supplements) and projected cash flow
Documentation and Reporting
• Maintain appropriate documentation including contracts, invoices, tax receipts, communication, approvals, etc.
• Develop internal and external reports as needed
• Perform financial modeling and analysis
• Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, as needed
Treasury and Insurance
• Overseeing local insurance and risk management
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with local bankers
• Monitoring operating cash requirements
• Managing the Temporary Import Bond process
• Complete special projects as assigned
Office environment; Will be required to travel (both domestic and internationally) up to 25%.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree and/or equivalent experience and training in finance and/or accounting
• Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or a professional designation such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) is preferred
• 10+ years experience in accounting and/or finance, including previous management responsibility
• Experience working in an international company
• Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
• Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
Key Behavioral Attributes
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong leadership, technology and analytical skills
• Demonstrated negotiation skills
• Precise and well organized
• Problem identification and resolution
• Good work ethic
Method of Application
To apply, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale