- Obtain and acquire knowledge of project documentation and specification requirements, standards and codes as required by the scope of the contract.
- Ensure that material receiving inspections are carried out.
- Ensure that all personnel performing inspection and testing requiring experience and qualifications are identified and that their qualifications are kept updated and recorded.
- Ensure that all testing and measuring equipment are identified, calibrated and suitable for testing and that instructions for their use and setting are available.
- Ensure implementation of Inspection and Test Plans for structural steel, vessels, column, tanks, spheres, heat exchangers and air coolers, skid mounted packages, piping, pipe supports, pipe ways, pipelines etc., and perform, with a minimal external support from his Supervisor, all pertinent quality control and on site surveillances.
- Witness inspection and testing and ensure that they are performed as scheduled in order to meet project objectives.
- Evaluate inspection and testing results in accordance with requirements defined in the Contract.
- Provide support for any identified potential non-conformances or any work defects occurring systematically.
- Ensure that non-conformance reports have been closed out satisfactorily and that pertinent documentation have been completed.
- Ensure the timely issuing of inspection and testing quality records and check their adequacy to demonstrate the conformity of construction works to the Quality Control Plans.
- Collect and maintain inspection and test records and status.
- Review quality records summaries and their traceability by system, part or area of plant as required for mechanical completion and for documentation to be handed over to client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other related field of study.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in Piping/Mechanical Quality Control position.
- Proven skills in Piping/Mechanical operation activities, pipe insulation, Coating / painting methods, construction activities, control of instrument calibration; industry standards, quality control activities, quality inspection activities, quality reporting and site material control.
- Proven computer skills (Microsoft Excel & Word)
- Resident in/willing to reside in Warri area.