If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking Financial Compliance Specialists for an anticipated Fiscal Agent activity in Nigeria. The Activity will initially be for 18 months with the possibility for extension. The position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
The Financial Compliance Specialist position will be part of a larger Fiscal Agent team that will have responsibility for the following functions:
- Provide a broad range of financial management services to multiple grant recipients of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
- Ensure that all the financial management and purchasing activities satisfy the requirements of the Global Fund Grant Agreements.
- Provide professional services for fiscal management and funds control such as budgeting, financial management, internal controls, accounting, cash disbursements, financial reporting and account reconciliation to ensure effiCient, effective and transparent use of the funds.
- Support the Grant Recipients to strengthen its capacities and contribute to the efficient implementation of all processes associated with Global Fund grants.
The Financial Compliance Specialist will provide professional services for fiscal management, including internal controls, accounting, cash disbursements, financial reporting and account reconciliation to ensure the proper, efficient, effective and transparent use of the funds under the Global Fund grant programs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work alongside the Grant Recipients to ensure that all requests to commit funds and/or to make payments as part of the grant implementation are carried out in accordance with established procedures. carry out the necessary due diligence checks in order to ensure that the documentation in relation to all sub-recipients costs is authentic and the activity is in accordance with the approved budget and work-pian.
- Ensure that finandal transactions are completed in accordance with the approved budget and the proposed activities are in line with the approved work-plan.
- Ensure that all transactions are duly supported by original documentation.
- Review procurement documents and ensure that method of identifying suppliers includes the selection criteria and methods for inviting quotations in accordance with applicable procurement procedures and laws of the county.
- Ensure that requisitions are prepared and processed in accordance with established procedures.
- Support senior management team in conduction capacity assessments, developing capacity building plans and work with the Grant Recipients to implement capacity development activities.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a financial management or audit function.
- Strong skills in internal controls and accounting standards.
- Previous experience working on an automated accounting system, and budget and commitment management
- Understanding of local tax laws and compliance requirements.
- Previous experience in internal/external auditing desired.
- Previous experience working with NGOs and/or donor funded programs desired.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent accounting certification required.
- Proven progress towards becoming a Chartered Accountant (CA, ACCA or similar) strongly desired.
Method of Application
To submit your application, visit Cardno Emerging Markets careers page at: http://cardno.pmtrx.com/openings.aspx and create an account or login to your existing Cardno account and apply online OR send your detailed CV with cover letter to: email@example.com