Vacancies at Familiy Health International (FHI 360)
Posted on: 15 November, 2011
Deadline: 28 November, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Family Health International
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world.
Program Officer - Graphics
Location: Nigeria (Abuja)
Req ID: 2258
National Only: check
Under the direction of the Senior Program Office, the Program Officer will be in-charge of design and lay out of various print and electronic materials for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create design and look of FHI 360 publications.
2. Serve as primary liaison with external graphic designers on larger projects, soliciting bids, negotiating contracts and shepherding these publications through the outside design process.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
4. Lay out Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo versions of FHI 360 publications.
5. Work collaboratively with the in-house originators of the work ensuring that all designs are appropriate for the publication.
6. Design materials to support other work as needed. These might include report covers, order forms, announcements and invitations to special events.
7. Design and format CD-ROMs that will package FHI 360 material for wide distribution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision.
2. With minimal supervision, manage high volume of workflow.
3. Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health, and/or social science research.
4. Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues related to reproductive health, family planning, HIV infection.
5. Has written and verbal communication skills.
6. Relevant language skills are preferred.
7. Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
8. Experience working with external print vendors is preferred.
9. Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
10. Skilled in word processing and graphic design software packages, preferably PC-based software, such as Quark, Quark Express, Page Maker, and Microsoft Publisher desirable.
11. Ability to travel within Nigeria at least 25 %.
Qualifications and requirements
1. BS/BA in commercial/fine arts or graphic design-related field and 3-5 years design experience in design work in print and electronic settings; or MS/MA/MBA, and 1-3 years design experience in design work in print and electronic settings.
Click here to apply: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=FHI&cws=1&rid=2258
Infrastructure Development Advisor
Req ID: 2259
National Only: check
This position provides technical direction to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations of FHI 360 supported facilities with particular emphasis on facility and equipment upgrades and maintenance, equipment calibration, utility maintenance, utility operation, maintenance plans. Provides capacity building to government at all tiers and to health facility management in all aspects related to facility infrastructure development and maintenance including equipments. Supports development of sustainable strategies including use of renewable energy and their implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides technical leadership and technical support related to equipment maintenance at facility level
Provides leadership, coordinates the activities and supervises facility maintenance engineers with particular emphasis on preventive maintenance
Develops relevant standard operating procedures for the operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities
Plans, directs and evaluates maintenance, constructions, renovations, repairs of equipment and systems for FHI 360 supported facilities
Coordinates the design, planning and implementation of manpower development for state facilities maintenance engineers operating within the framework of SIDHAS
Develops quality and efficiency improvements for new and existing products / services / processes
Develops and implements the safety management plans and programs for FHI 360 supported facilities
Analyzes workload including traffic and utilization trends to foresee and plan
Minimum Academic Qualification and Experience
BSc or HND in Mechanical/Civil engineering with minimum of 9 years working experience in facilities operation management;
Minimum of 7 years experience with an MSc degree in related field will be considered
Minimum of 5 years direct supervisory experience is required
Thorough knowledge of preventive maintenance, calibration, equipment operations and troubleshooting methodology
Must have experience in using computerized maintenance management systems
Experience in hospital facility operations is an advantage.
Click here to apply: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=FHI&cws=1&rid=2259
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Family Health InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunity at Africa Power and Development Advisors (APDA) - PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Job Vacancy at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Jobs at ZOA International
- Job Vacancy at CBM International
- Sales Vacancies at DKT International
- Job Opportunity at LYFE
- Engineering Jobs at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria