Career Offer at Institute of Technology and Management via R21Media
Posted on: 18 December, 2014
Deadline: 2 January, 2015
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at R21Media
ITM are looking to recruit a Lecturer in Accounting. The post holder will be responsible for providing the high quality teaching and learning, pastoral and academic support and course leadership that will enable the Institute to meet the corporate objectives.
ITM has been established by the Cross River State Government (CRSG) of Nigeria in partnership with Highbury College Portsmouth, UK as part of a unique, transformational state wide Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Ecosystem project. CRSG has appointed Highbury to manage ITM to world-class standards. The vision is to develop a world-class entrepreneurial polytechnic institute, the first of its kind in Nigeria. The Institute will have student success as its central mission and will focus on wealth creation, business formation/growth and employment outcomes to meet the needs of students and the local communities of Cross River State, Nigeria and beyond.
- To teach on a range of College programmes, providing high quality learning opportunities that meet the needs of individual students and groups in line with the Institute's strategic priorities and objectives.
- To provide flexible assessment opportunities and dosely plan, monitor, track and record student retention, achievement and success.
- To be committed to constantly improving standards of quality and to assess these through contributions to self- assessment reports and observations of provision.
- To work as required with students who need confidence building and personal development.
- To provide academic and pastoral support to students.
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent occupational qualification.
- Teaching qualification (Cert Ed / PGCE or equivalent).
- Evidence of commitment to on-going professional updating and development (30hr per annum min).
- Experience of teaching/training and assessing accounting.
- Experience of teaching/ training and assessing.
- Ability to work well in teams but also to work independently with the minimum of supervision.
- Ability to meet targets within set timescales.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated and able to motivate others.
- Good administrative skills.
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills.
Method of Application
To apply in the first instance please send your CV to: Highbury@R21media.co.uk
Deadline Date: 2nd January 2015.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about R21MediaSimilar Jobs
- Massive Academic Staff Recruitment at Crown-Hill University (90 Positions)
- Massive Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Crown-Hill University (30 Positions)
- Job Openings at Westside Academy
- Registrar at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB)
- Diction Tutor at a Leading Private School - Bradfield Consulting
- Librarian at the Fati Lami Abubakar Institute for Legal and Administrative Studies
- Fresh Job Recruitment at The Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM)
- Head Teacher at a Day-care/ Nursery School - Excel and Grace Consulting