VACANCY FOR A SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR – ‘SIA’ (OIL & GAS)
Our Client is an Oil & Gas Organization located on the Island of Lagos.
Purpose of the position:
- To increase internal audit capacity
- The ideal candidate will provide assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the organizations internal control environment and risk management framework. She/he will be exposed to virtually all area of the company’s operation hence he MUST be a self -starter, self-motivated and very detailed.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Plan internal audit work programmes and setting of control objectives;
- Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with management;
- Performs audit engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved work program;
- Support activities related to internal audit assessment, operation risk and execution;
- Prepares audit memos detailing findings/recommendations and assists in the presentation of audit findings/recommendations to management;
- Recognition of key risk areas, incidents, control issues and assess their impact and recommend actions to enhance control;
- Prepares formal report, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which audit activities are carried out;
- Prepare high level monthly, quarterly and Annually audit report;
- Appraises the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions;
- Monitoring of compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required;
- Ensure that the key areas of Company’s activity are reviewed within the approved strategic planning cycle.
- Complete Audit Assignment within the target time frame and produce Audit report.
- Reduction in Wastages and cost reduction innovation.
- Presentation of Internal Audit reports within 48hours after audit
- Error free Internal Audit Report
- Number of Innovative ideas, value addition and suggestions
- Preparation of Annual Internal Audit Plan before the end of the year
- 100% Achievement of Internal Audit Plan
- Follow up on audit finding to ensure full regularization
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Degree in Accounting
Work experience & skills:
- Minimum of 8 years internal audit experience with a minimum of 4 years at senior management level.
- Operating within multi-nationals, with International travel exposure.
- MS Office and exposure to ERP systems (preferably Sage X3).
Required Knowledge Skill /Abilities:
- Minimum of 7 – 8 years of working experience, Out of which 3 years MUST be in senior level position.
- High initiative and ability to work with no supervision
- Demonstrate strong analytical and Problem solving skill.
- Skills in data extraction mining tools such as SQL, ACL will be considered an added advantage
Other Skills Required for the Job:
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- A goal getter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous and results-oriented, with the ability to strive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in computer environment.
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication; and
- Ability to develop self and others.
Method of Application
Internal Audit Candidates ( NOT EXTERNAL AUDITORS) that meet the above specification should please forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘SIA – Oil & Gas’ as the subject of your application.
Salary budget is between N 7, 000, 000 – N8, 000, 000/a (depending on experience).
Application closes 29th December, 2014.
Only experienced and qualified Internal Auditors will be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.