VACANCY FOR A SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR – ‘SIA’ (OIL & GAS)
Our Client is an Oil & Gas Organization located on the Island of Lagos.
Purpose of the position:
- To increase internal audit capacity
- The ideal candidate will provide assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the organizations internal control environment and risk management framework. She/he will be exposed to virtually all area of the company’s operation hence he MUST be a self -starter, self-motivated and very detailed.
Responsibilities & duties:
- Plan internal audit work programmes and setting of control objectives;
- Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with management;
- Performs audit engagement in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved work program;
- Support activities related to internal audit assessment, operation risk and execution;
- Prepares audit memos detailing findings/recommendations and assists in the presentation of audit findings/recommendations to management;
- Recognition of key risk areas, incidents, control issues and assess their impact and recommend actions to enhance control;
- Prepares formal report, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which audit activities are carried out;
- Prepare high level monthly, quarterly and Annually audit report;
- Appraises the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions;
- Monitoring of compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required;
- Ensure that the key areas of Company’s activity are reviewed within the approved strategic planning cycle.
- Complete Audit Assignment within the target time frame and produce Audit report.
- Reduction in Wastages and cost reduction innovation.
- Presentation of Internal Audit reports within 48hours after audit
- Error free Internal Audit Report
- Number of Innovative ideas, value addition and suggestions
- Preparation of Annual Internal Audit Plan before the end of the year
- 100% Achievement of Internal Audit Plan
- Follow up on audit finding to ensure full regularization
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Degree in Accounting
Work experience & skills:
- Minimum of 8 years internal audit experience with a minimum of 4 years at senior management level.
- Operating within multi-nationals, with International travel exposure.
- MS Office and exposure to ERP systems (preferably Sage X3).
Required Knowledge Skill /Abilities:
- Minimum of 7 – 8 years of working experience, Out of which 3 years MUST be in senior level position.
- High initiative and ability to work with no supervision
- Demonstrate strong analytical and Problem solving skill.
- Skills in data extraction mining tools such as SQL, ACL will be considered an added advantage
Other Skills Required for the Job:
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- A goal getter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous and results-oriented, with the ability to strive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in computer environment.
- Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication; and
- Ability to develop self and others.
Method of Application
Internal Audit Candidates ( NOT EXTERNAL AUDITORS) that meet the above specification should please forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘SIA – Oil & Gas’ as the subject of your application.
Salary budget is between N 7, 000, 000 – N8, 000, 000/a (depending on experience).
Application closes 29th December, 2014.
Only experienced and qualified Internal Auditors will be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.