Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The post holder leads on responding to and managing the growing needs within the Nigeria programme for effective core logistics capacity to support ongoing development programmes and emergency response interventions. In this, he ensures that all policies and procedures of Save the Children are strictly adhered to and also to ensure that Save the Children's commitment to improving quality and accountability in development and humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to the Sphere Standards, Save the Children Quality Framework Essential Standards and the NGO Code of Conduct.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 7 years of national and/or International experience - of which at least 4 years with an INGO - in supply chain management, inclusive of procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management
- Strong experience in vehicle and fleet management
- Robust experience of NGO project cycle management and experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- Master's degree in Logistics, MBA or any other relevant degree.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of logistics staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and capacities to plan and think strategically
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency with Excel and Word platforms
- Experience in distributions of both NFIs and food items in emergency context
- Working experience in Nigeria and/or West Africa
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with various incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles, including rights-based approaches
go to method of application »
- The Head of New Business Development is a key position to support successful pursuit of new funding for the country program.
- His/her actions and decisions in managing multi-divisional proposal response teams directly impact the quality and competitiveness of Save the Children's proposals for new funding.
- S/he provides quality control and support to technical leads efforts to achieve greater program impact through the successful pursuit of larger and more strategic funding opportunities.
- S/he should have a master's degree in intemational development or relaled field with 6-8 years' experience in international development, including at least 5 years' of experience in successful proposal development for institutional and corporate donors, including pre-solicitation preparation;
- Experience wilh USAID and DFID solicitations is required; substantive relevant experience in proposal development for other multilateral or bilateral donors may be considered within the years of experience sought;
- Experience training staff and creating training modules and materials;
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications, and attention to detail required.
go to method of application »
- This position will be responsible for implementing and/or coordinating all financial support functions to the state office.
- Candidate should have a degree B.Sc/HND or equivalent in FinancelAccounts/Business Administration;
- S/he should have experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
Method of Application
Kindly send your CV and qualifying statements on or before 2nd January 2015 explaining why you are suitable to Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate
subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
Please note that applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please "Visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs. For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale