Current Job Vacancy at Damco Nigeria
Posted on: 17 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Damco Nigeria
Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has 11,000+ employees in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. In 2013, Damco had a net turnover of USD 3.2 billion, managed 2.8 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and air freighted more than 225,000 tonnes. Damco is part of the Maersk Group.
DAMCO Nigeria is looking for a Controller to support business partnering/reporting function for the central Africa Area. Central Africa Area consists of fast growing central African countries including biggest African economy Nigeria and Cameroun, Benin, Niger, Chad and Togo and Central African Republic. We are searching for a candidate who is ready for challenging career with ability to demonstrate big picture behind numbers.
Controller- Central Africa Area based in Lagos Nigeria to support finance and reporting and analysis function Controller will report to Area BIM Manager for Central Africa and be a part of the area team. As an employee with DAMCO you will be part of diverse team of country/Area and GSC. We strongly encourage continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations.
You enjoy taking full responsibility and to work closely with country/GSC teams with the business to achieve common goals while always seeking to challenge, optimize and improve. Overall objective of the position is to provide valuable business intelligence to Area/Country Management to improve bottom-line performance and risk mitigation. In addition to that successful delivery of the continuous improvement in master data, business partnering and the integrity of all financial/statutory Reporting.
- Ownership for all Hyperion Financial Management and internal reporting for CAF area through GSC reporting team as per global/regional guideline.
- Ensure Integrity in numbers and financial reporting's are provided for business decisions timely and effective manner
- Provide analytical business support for various business/customer/activity/market related analyses to area management as and when required. Eg Job costing analysis: assess Low margin jobs and non-profitable jobs, book of Business” improvement – most profitable business pursued as continuous nature
- Drive continuous Improvement/optimization for finance and operation functions (including further consolidation, centralization, migration of tasks as needed)
- Establish & maintain credible controls in reporting in line with regional/center control guideline Eg control dashboard and area score card
- Fraud prevention; cooperate with Global Service Centre & Regional Control Assurance teams to minimize risk
Who we are looking for
Self-confident with drive, have a high sense of urgency and ability to priorities. You are extrovert and a strong communicator.
- Technical Competencies:- • professional accounting Qualification • Operational financial management; particularly job costing and risk management (2-3 Years)
- Experience :- Prior auditing experience a benefit, Process Improvement experience a benefit
- Core Competencies:- 1.Analytical thinker,2. “Driver” behavior; challenging status quo, 3.Ability to relate with senior management and functional leaders on Damco business concepts and persistent in obtaining desired objectives, 4 Managing others and/or obtaining results through influence
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Damco NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Shift Engineer at MAERSK
- Job Opportunities at CourierPlus
- Confectionery Jobs at a New Port Terminal Operations
- Customer Support Co-ordinators at Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited
- Latest Job Vacancy at eRecruiter Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at Confidence Cargo Limited
- Jobs at a U.S Logistics and Technology Company - Workforce Group
- Transport Manager at Thasious International Company Limited