Associate Director, Administration at Family Health International
Posted on: 10 November, 2011
Deadline: 24 November, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Family Health International
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. We seek qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director, Administration in Abuja, Nigeria.
Associate Director, Administration
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director Finance & Administration, the AD Administration will ensure the smooth operation of the organization’s: facilities, inventory, fleet and travel management, through developing, implementing and evaluating maintenance and improvement programs as they relate to the continuous operation of the organization’s transport fleet, facilities and buildings. He/she will be responsible for effective utilization of resources including staff with diverse range of capabilities.
·Plan, organize and oversee the multi-functional provisions of logistical and administrative support to FHI 360 Nigeria.
-Develop and ensure the implementation of programs that will provide efficient usage of the organization’s fleet and facilities, as well as developing fleet administration standards and vehicle operating policies and procedures.
-Prepare and present informational reports regarding operating costs, operational effectiveness and service levels of contractors. Periodic management reports on operating costs with regards to facilities maintenance, travels, fleet management and related office utilities.
-Direct fleet-related risk management trainings, such as safety and accident prevention programs and act as a liaison for the office general security/emergency procedures in consultation with other similar international NGOs and other relevant security agencies.
-Assign and verify completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects of FHI facilities and equipment and ensure quality of work.
-Ensure the maintenance and tracking of inventory/stock of Abuja and Zonal offices and other facilities
BS/BA in Business Administration, Engineering, Estate Management or related field and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience with at least 5 years of supervisory experience in operations, maintenance, and/or administration of facilities/fleet management OR MS/MA in Business Administration, Engineering, Estate Management or related field and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years of supervisory experience in operations, maintenance, and/or administration of facilities/fleet management.
Other relevant professional/management certifications, familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (particularly experience with USAID procurement regulations) would be an advantage.
· Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
· Technical understanding of office equipment and building construction and maintenance.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal or no supervision.
· Ability to travel on a regular basis (up to 40%).
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package.
Method of Application
Interested candidates may go to FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or http://tbe.taleo.net/NA12/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=FHI&cws=1&rid=2246 to register online, and to submit CV /resume and cover letter including salary requirements. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Family Health InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunities at Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Secretary at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Massive Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project - i+ Consortium (52 Positions)
- Receptionist at The Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Operations Managers at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)