We are a fast growing “Center for Psychological Medicine” based within the Abuja metropolis, currently retaining the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services.
We provide psychological and counselling services, inpatient facilities/ treatment, day hospital, rehabilitation, community care etc. In addition we treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health and drug addiction.
Presently we are in the process of expanding our organization and are looking for exceptional, committed, innovative and highly motivated staff, willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to provide a stellar service within a confidentiality driven service practice.
We are recruiting to fill the below position of Accountant
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up and maintain a Computerized/ledger accounting system in line with accepted procedures.
- Ensure that proper financial procedures and systems are operated and maintained throughout the organisation.
- Maintain and monitor the petty cash fund and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on the Organisation’s needs.
- Provide monthly financial reports and clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; in an accurate and timely manner to the Medical Director.
- Ensure that the organisations financial statements are "fair," complete and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Record and account for daily transactions, ensuring accuracy and completeness of required files and supporting documentation serving as evidence of transactions.
- Ensure purchase requests are approved (authorized) before releasing of cash; Manage processes to record & reconcile expenses.
- Disbursement of cash advances and reconciliation to ensure recovery.
- Analyse financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and keep management abreast of current and projected company financial position.
- Maintain listing of accounts receivable and payable; make deposits of revenue generated at least twice a week.
- Ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management for records as required for auditing.
- Prepare fortnightly payroll, calculate salaries and benefits control of salary payments to staff, including tax liabilities, obtain approval and process to bank.
- Verify pay amounts, hours of work, and deductions from the Human resources unit.
- Produce & issue pay slips
- Maintain all payroll records
Medical Billing and payment:
- Prepare & send Medical bills (invoices) to patients weekly to avoid excessive accumulated out standings.
- Monitor and document payments transactions;
- Follow up with patients when payment lapses occur
- Identify and resolve any billing complaints made by the patient or their family.
- Prepare and maintain the monthly & annual budgets in conjunction with relevant departments.
- Prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual cost and provide management with financial advice on the revised budget.
- Monitor organization spending to ensure its within agreed budgets.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial documents
Education and Qualification:
- Accounting degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Must be a chartered accountant or taking final exams
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability
- Production and interpretation of management accounts
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and non-financial managers and colleagues
- Communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment and in insecure or complex environments
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritization and time management skill.
- Good computer literacy, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in QuickBooks accounting software
- Decision making skills
- Communications skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Be flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics
N80, 000 - N120, 000
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application to the email address below: email@example.com
Note: Please type "Accountant" as the subject of the email. Failure to adhere to this format would lead to automatic disqualification.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.