WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
The Lead Instrument Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for the FPSO Electrical discipline commissioning.
The Lead Instrument Commissioning Engineer will:
- Be the focal point within the instrument discipline for the entities involved in the definition and preparation of the commissioning activities related to the instrument discipline
- Ensure that all activities related to Instruments discipline commissioning are defined correctly.
- Review the Contractors testing and commissioning procedures, schedule, and execution plans.
- Identify and address all interface issues with other Project packages with respect to the instrumentation commissioning activities.
- Organize the preparation and supervise the safe execution of the instrumentation commissioning activities.
- Assist the FPSO commissioning leader in all FPSO commissioning issues.
- Define the sub-system boundary limits and commissioning packages within sub-systems.
- Definition of instrument pre-commissioning and commissioning scope within the sub-systems.
- Follow up and review intervention in contractor’s preparation for pre-commissioning and commissioning scope for both onshore and offshore related to all instrument and control equipment.
- Ensure contractors PTW and instrument isolation procedures and practices are in line with Company expectations.
- Develop a progress reporting and planning system, check progress and ensure correct reporting of the commissioning activities and issue weekly and monthly Instrument commissioning reports.
- Development of methods and strategies for commissioning. Approval of contractors system commissioning procedures and Operational Test Procedures. Approval of the instrument OTPs and the instrument content of other OTPs.
- Witness the contractor’s performance of pre-commissioning to achieve Instrument completion on a sub-system basis.
- Approve the contractor’s punch list activities and control of punch list items including sign-off of punch list items.
- Witness the contractor’s performance of onshore commissioning to achieve RFSU on system and sub-system basis for all instrumentation related equipment.
- Approve the of contractor’s pre-commissioning and commissioning dossiers.
- Follow up of contractor’s FAT activities at supplier premises.
- Assistance and follow up the contractor during off-shore installation, hook-up and commissioning and production start-up.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of instrument commissioning activities with all project entities/existing facilities
- Develops a strategy in order to maximize onshore commissioning and minimize lost time due to interfaces, along with a commissioning sequence
- Manages the preparation of pre-commissioning / commissioning procedures and reporting tools (including technical database, planning, punch list control).
- Assist the FPSO commissioning leader.
- Prepare and supervise the execution of instrument commissioning to maximize productivity, respect the schedule, minimize cost and achieve smooth hand over.
- Supervise and monitor the preparation and the realization of the testing activities by the Contractor(s)
- Ensure that the pre-commissioning schedule is implemented in line with commissioning planning and priorities
- Check progress and ensure correct reporting of the commissioning activities
- Follow up punch list register
- Ensure that preservation is performed as per the procedures before FPSO sail-away
- Any other responsibilities/activities within the limits of the Service holders capabilities
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- To fully comply with all security, health and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene where necessary.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria.
- To fully comply with all HSE requirements at all sites. Particularly the FPSO yards and sites.
- Participates in project HAZOP, PTR reviews and audits as required.
- Ensures that the contractors commissioning execution plan respects the Egina HSE Plan.
- Approve contractors PTW and instrument LOTO systems.
- Education: B. Eng (or equivalent) in Electrical or Instrument Engineering or Information Technology.
- Professional experience: 7 - 10 years of which 5 yrs working on installation, commissioning & start-up of Instrument Systems of large Oil and Gas Facilities Projects.
- Expert knowledge and experience of instrument and control systems Commissioning & Start-up work of large Oil and Gas Facilities Projects.
- Proven experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning of instrumentation and metering systems with reference to ICSS (preferably Honeywell), PSS, PCS, ESD and F&G systems.
- Previous experience in ICSS interface with subsea production control system is a plus.
- Proven experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning of UPS systems.
- Understanding, expert knowledge and experience of preparing commissioning strategy, developing network planning, coordinating integrated plan, contractor follow up and supervision during pre- commissioning and commissioning.
- Management of systems handover process and integration with Oil and Gas project operations teams.
- Risk analysis, Safety of persons and facilities experience and capabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of OPERCOM methodology and ICAPS software.
- Supervisory experiences and ability to manage the works of multi engineering teams simultaneously
- Good supervisory, presentation and communication skills, team management skills
- Language: Fluent in English with French an advantage.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.