If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At Sloane & Carter we pride ourselves in our knowledge of the Nigerian market dynamics and how business can strive in this terrain, but that is only a part of who we are. We see the business terrain as an endless network of opportunities. Harnessing these opportunities re-quires ingenuity, focus and a clear cut vision.
At Sloan & Carter, we have professionals who can bring those opportunities to fruition – individuals who see things differently from the microscopic to the big picture.
Our Client, one of the leading stock broking firms in the country is looking to fill the position of a Compliance Officer;
The role holder would play important role in the implementation and enforcement of capital market operators’ compliance programs. She/he is required to ensure that internal processes and procedures are followed, ensure strict adherence to industry guidelines, external regulatory framework as well as policies set out by law. The Compliance Officer is required to report breaches and violations to the appropriate regulatory authorities. He acts as an internal advisor and carries out monitoring of the various business units to ensure that the firm’s activities conform to regulatory requirements.
The Compliance Officer would serve as an important contact point between Dealing Member Firms and the Regulator(s), handling and responding to various regulatory enquiries, conducting monitoring assessments, etc
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compliance Officers shall advise Dealing Member Firms and their employees on the application of the Rules.
- A Compliance Officer shall interpret and apply legislation, rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and other regulatory requirements relevant to the capital market. This includes continuous monitoring and implementation of relevant regulations, codes and rules in force from time to time, preparation and submission of regulatory reports as at when due and adopting relevant industry and market best practices in order to minimize and/or mitigate risks.
- The Compliance Officer shall focus on activities that assess, determine and ensure compliance by the Dealing Member Firm, with both internal and external rules and policies.
- The Compliance Officer shall also monitor regulatory changes and ensure the dissemination of updates on regulations, rules or guidelines and periodic compliance changes to the Dealing Member and its employees. She/he shall carry out compliance monitoring covering all operational areas.
- The Compliance Officer shall ensure that all investments and other operational transactions comply with all relevant legislations, regulations and policies through appropriate control of systems in order to minimize and mitigate risks.
- The Compliance Officer shall be responsible for the preparation of compliance reports on a monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis as the case may be to the Board of the Dealing Member and report breaches of regulations to The Broker Dealer Regulation department of The Exchange.
- The Compliance Officer, with the support of the Dealing Member’s board and management, shall develop and implement a robust compliance program which is periodically revised to reflect changes in the requirements of the organization, the laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and policies of relevant regulatory authorities.
- The Compliance Officer shall be responsible for developing, coordinating, and participating in educational and training programs that focus on the elements of the capital markets regulatory environment, and shall also ensure that all management and other employees are knowledgeable of, and comply with relevant rules and regulations.
- The Compliance Officer shall be responsible for developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report violations, suspected violations and breaches without fear of victimization.
Key Responsible Areas
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of regulatory reports to NSE.
- Ensure statutory compliance as per the rules and regulations issued by NSE.
- Ensure compliance with regard to all operational areas both external and internal.
- Verification & reporting of Authorized person registration documents to various exchanges.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum educational qualification of a university degree or a higher national diploma from recognized tertiary institution, or professional qualification in the field of Law, Accounting, Actuarial Science, Auditing, Finance, Economics or any other relevant discipline Qualification.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the capital market with proven understanding of the operations of the capital market and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of I.T. and desktop automated tools and programs;
- Satisfactory completion of NSE’s mandatory Compliance Officers’ training program
Method of Application
Interested candidates that fit the above criteria should send their CV to email@example.com