The U.S. Consulate in Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the Position of Shipping Assistant in the General Services Office (GSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible for all aspects of packing US Direct Hire employees personal effects and/or Official Shipments for forwarding. This position acts as Contracting Officer’s Representative for the Packing Service Contract at the Consulate. She/he serves as back-up to the Shipping Clerk for Outgoing Shipments.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. Minimum of three (3) year of experience in Administrative work including one year experience in the shipping and transportation field or a related field is required.
3. Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Knowledge of Nigerian’s regulations and procedures that govern shipping, shipment clearances and office procedures is required.
5. Strong customer service skills is required
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
5. Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: Embassy of the United States of America Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to HRNigeria@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261