Standard Chartered Bank - We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
• Timely submission of local regulatory returns.
• Provide reports required for regulatory examination exercises
• Liaison with Regulatory agencies
• Undertake key controls self assessment on the reconciliation desk.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Local Regulatory Reporting.
• Ensure accuracy, correctness and reliability of all returns submitted to regulators
• Ensure all regulatory reports are submitted as at when due
• Preparation of all local regulatory returns:
c) Mid Month
f) Half yearly
• Under the supervision of the Reporting Manager, responds to and resolve all Local Regulatory Reporting issues
• Provide other reports/returns required by CBN/ NDIC/ NASB and other non-tax regulators
• Computation of various ratios
• Computation of Capital Adequacy ratios and RIWAC
• Preparation of group ALCO report
2. Regulatory Examinations and Audits
• Provide the necessary schedules and information required by the following parties in relation to the examination of the Bank’s books of accounts:
• CBN and NDIC on routine and spot examinations
• NDIC routine and spot examination
• SEC routine and spot examination
• Other regulatory bodies
3. Operational Risk Controls
• Act as responsible person for the reconciliation and investigation desk.
4. Carry out all other task assigned by the management.
Qualifications & Skills
• Professional qualifications in Accounting and Finance e.g. ACCA, ACA plus at least three to four years work experience in Regulatory and Financial reporting department of a financial institution.
• Good working knowledge of the Local Regulatory requirements and Group Accounting practice supplemented by all round Banking experience.
• Working experience of Accounting/Banking systems is essential for the extraction and processing of data.
• Understanding of the GL accounts is essential in assessing whether the trend of an account is irregular and requires immediate management attention.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to work in a busy and strenuous environment for long hours in order to meet set deadlines.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online