At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
• This position contributes to the longer term business strategy for the terminal operation based on the overall company vision & strategy.
• The position will drive subordinated positions (and functions) to efforts of continuous modification of existing methods in order to increase productivity or to better manage costs & operational overheads.
• Manage the daily business in agreed upon areas/projects according to the agreed operating principles of the BU and relationships with customers.
• Establish business priorities to meet customer requirements.
• Ensure Financial procedures are aligned with norms & standards.
• Improve efficiencies in cost, productivity and customer service through proactive pursuance of development in technology & systems.
• Drive, develop, and deploy best practices within assigned areas and use of APMT Global systems and processes where available.
• Organize, coach, challenge, & develop staff.
• Reinforce APM Group culture, values and reputation while ensuring compliance with APM Group policies.
Who we are looking for
• Experience from managing a P/L (not just a function).
• Experience from working in an international company.
• Experience from heavy industry/unionized environment.
• Strong leadership and influencing skills with a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
• A desire to be a terminal Managing Director.
• Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
• Minimum a college degree.
• Preference will be given to a candidate of African origin.
• French language skills will be an advantage.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.