Career Vacancy at Hamilton International Academy
Posted on: 15 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at Hamilton International Academy
Hamilton International Academy invites applications for the positions of a Pre-Kindergarten Teacher for our new preschool opening after the summer holidays. We are looking for creative individuals who strive for excellence, are committed to improving student learning and demonstrate a high level of professionalism. Qualified applicants will have industry experience, working inside and/or outside the early-childhood classroom.
Hamilton International Academy offers its teachers a career path and opportunities for growth.
School hours: 7:00a.m - 6:00p.m
When you join Hamilton International Academy, you become part of a caring culture that values unique differences and celebrates our vibrant tapestry of children, families and employees who represent many different cultures and backgrounds. We act deliberately to embrace diversity at all levels of the organization and encourage inclusion and respect by providing continuing diverse education and ongoing support to our employees.
Hamilton International Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Embark on a new journey in the highly-rewarding career of a professional Pre-Kindergarten teacher in an environment that values your contributions and gives you the resources you need to implement high-quality, developmentally appropriate programs.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to work with a teaching team in providing a safe and nurturing environment for children that encourages their social, emotional, physical and intellectual development.
- Under the guidance of the Executive Center director and proprietors, you will collaborate with your teaching team in preparing and maintaining the environment in which the IBO and Montessori approach to education is implemented.
- You will work with a talented team of teachers to assist in the design and implementation of appropriate instruction to the individual child’s sensitive period for acquiring skills.
- You will be accountable for maintaining the overall classroom environment to support Hamilton teaching methods and demonstrating a devotion to lifelong learning, respect for the natural world and a commitment to unconditional and equal acceptance of every child while collaborating and maintaining positive relationships with parents, children, co-workers and the management team.
- Ensure the safety and supervision of children at all times by meeting the physical demands of the position.
- Interact frequently, affectionately and respectfully with children.
- Engage and communicate with individual children during daily activities and routines.
- Provide appropriate materials and activities which foster social skills and encourages children to think, problem solve, question and experiment.
- Establish and maintain a primary care giving relationship with individual children and their families.
- Facilitate regular parent/guardian communication and conferences to discuss orientation, transitions and developmental goals effectively.
- Follow all school policy, safety and health rules while supervising all children at all times.
- Demonstrate awareness of the entire group whether working with a small group or individuals.
- Keep the environment and equipment safe, clean and attractive.
- Support organizational mission, philosophies, values, goals and policies to parent/guardians and colleagues.
- Must have knowledge of the core curriculum areas responsible for instructing and able to research new age trends in teaching and learning styles/technologies.
- Stimulates emotional, intellectual, and social growth of children by developing and directing educational experiences tailored to assigned class.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and writing.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based upon schools goals and objectives.
- Ability to utilize computer and multimedia technology as appropriate.
- Develop and implement innovative methods for providing instruction to students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain a relationship of cooperation and respect with colleagues.
- Respond to location and organizational needs by attending trainings and contributing to the school newsletter.
- This position is ideally suited to individuals who have a passion for Early Childhood Education and want career growth and advancement.
- The potential for advancement to future positions is available.
- High School Diploma/Secondary School Certificate required.
- A degree from College/University is required.
- Education focus in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or Child Development discipline very desirable.
- 1-3 years of either pre-school, IBO, Montessori or/and kindergarten education experience required.
- CPR certification required within three months of employment.
- Qualified candidates must demonstrate exceptional communication, leadership, organization and problem solving skills.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates applicants should click here to apply online. Deadline for applications is December 29, 2014. We appreciate your interest and hope to speak with you soon.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton International AcademySimilar Jobs
- Senior Relationship Manager at the University of Sunderland
- Student Counselor at PFL Education
- Registrar at the Niger State College of Agriculture
- Montessori Directress at Arcadia Montessori School
- Business Development Roles at Eduwalt Communications (EWC)
- Latest Vacancies at University of Ilorin
- Reading Facilitators at eReadAfrica
- Library Assistant (Volunteer) at Young Readers Library