Job at Bradfield Consulting
Posted on: 15 December, 2014
Deadline: 26 December, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View Jobs posted same day
Our client - a Direct to Home (DTH) broadcasting service, incorporated in 2008 and licensed to offer DTH services in Nigeria by the NBC, they are positioned to provide credible quality alternative family entertainment, lifestyle, movies, sports, inspirational, kiddies channels and more for the West African Sub-region Pay TV viewing market. They are 36+ Channel platform on its bouquet.
Due to restructing, the company requires a Chief Human Resource Officer reporting to the MD/CEO who will provide support and direction in HR and OD Strategies; performance and change management; ER procedures; coaching and development; talent management and succession planning.
The challenges are fresh, the atmosphere is high energy and the growth opportunities are endless. Are you versatile and cool under pressure? Does your “can do” attitude prevail over a fast-paced work environment? We are on the lookout for you.
Key duties include:
- Ensures that all HR activities are carried out within the agreed budgets
- Develops annual plans and budgets for the unit in order to support the achievement of the departmental strategy
- Formulates people management strategies, policies and processes in line with the company’s business strategy, key business objectives and applicable labour laws
- Develops, updates and aligns HR plans to achieve company objectives and strategy.
- Provides strong leadership to drive adherence to the organizational culture of the firm
- Directs all matters concerning employment legislation and contract issues to ensure that company liabilities are managed in compliance with relevant laws
- Manages the provision of general support services, including security, dispatch, cleaning, catering and water supply services and upkeep of office premises and official residences
- Develops fleet administration standards, vehicle operating policies, vehicle disposal policies and supervises the fleet management and maintenance activities
- Acts to ensure that an inventory of all movable and fixed assets and ensuring these are properly valued, tagged for identification, accounted for and safeguarded
- Negotiates cost effective contract rates with vendors and monitor service level agreements with them
- Reviews and updates processes and procedures for purchasing, storing and distributing consumables, stationery, utilities and physical assets
- Reviews requisition for the purchase of equipment, vehicles, office supplies, consumables in line with approved departmental budget and forward to Management for approval
- Maintains and implements organisation's HR Policies & Procedures Manual, including reviewing and recommending policy changes
- Reviews and reports on the performance of the HR Function against key performance targets
- Collates and reviews periodic reports from subordinates and prepares a consolidated report to the COO
- Minimum of 12 years cognate experience, 5 of which must have been as a generalist senior management HR role in a multinational or conglomerate.
- First Degree in any Humanities discipline
- MBA or Master's degree in any related discipline
- Professional certification in Human resources e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM); Other relevant certifications e.g. Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM); Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Learning and Development Facilitators/Trainers at Career Prime
- Graduate Analyst/Trainee at HT-Limited
- Jobs at Stern & Kay Consulting Limited
- Accounts/Operations Officer at Bellforte Consulting
- Deloitte Nigeria Graduate Customer Service Representative Recruitment (Hausa Speaking)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant at Oscar Temple
- Head of Sales at a Holding Company - MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting
- Consulting Macro-Economist at Genesis Analytics