If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist person on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria m 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, HIV and health extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
- Provide support and guidance for an enhanced partner capacity for the design, delivery and oversight of high quality capacity building interventions.
- Designs and administers technical training for CP partners around organizational development including capacity assessments of portner institutions and design/implementation of effective organizational development plans.
- Actively monitor the project budget and participate in the monthly CP budget comparison Report (BCR) meetings.
- Develops and implements standardized approaches and best practices in local portner capacity strengthening.
- Provides ongoing technical assistance to partners ensuring the quality and effectiveness of ongoing capacity building interventions.
- Remains up-to-date with latest methodologies, best practices, and donor requirements within the field of capacity strengthening and organizational development.
- Develops and disseminates knowledge assets in support of capacity strengthening, including: guidelines, tools, case studies, and e-learning.
- Coordinates with colleagues globally to share and incorporate lessons learned from other CRS CPs.
- Supports country program technical stoff in the development of comprehensive plans and materials for the incorporation of local capacity strengthening in each development sector and theme.
- Networks with institutions and experts in capacity strengthening.
- Master's degree in organizational development, public or business administration, community development, or equivalent degree with proven capacity strengthening experience
- Five to seven years of progressive responsibility building institutional capacity in relief and development programs in partnership with local organizations, preferably in on international organization
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through participatory adult training, mentoring, distance education and other formal and non-formal methods.
- Strong design and facilitation skills
- Strong research, adult learning methodology design and facilitation skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Excellent people skills
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software - MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel especially)
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as port of a team
- Fluency in English
- Willingness and ability to travel 50 percent within Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested candidates should download the CRS Application form using this link http://bit.ly/1stPvCo and send with a detailed resume as attached MS word documents to NG_HR@global.crs.org
Completed applications should be sent on or before 5pm, 24th December, 2014. Only applications sent in the required format
will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted. "CRS is an equal -opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply". Kindly note that CRS does not charge any form of fees for recruitments.