Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking a high-performing, results-oriented Nigerian professional to serve as Intervention/Business Development Manager.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in Northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi, which runs through December 2017, is managed by GRM International, in partnership with Technoserve, for the UK Department for International Development
You will be:
• Able to lead and manage programme interventions, including design, strategy, planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of intervention activities
• Experienced at developing and maintaining productive relationships with project partners (mostly businesses) and internal colleagues
• Able to collaborate with partners to help them assess and develop new business opportunities and practices relevant to rural communities
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of agricultural and other rural markets in Nigeria as well as the cultural and socio-economic context in which the programme operates
• Familiar with how businesses really work and what they need to succeed
• Entrepreneurial and flexible, able to adapt to fast-changing working context
• A team player with a proven ability to work effectively with others in a multicultural setting
• Competent user of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and possibly statistical packages
• A fluent Hausa speaker with good command of the English language
In return we offer:
• A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
• Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
• Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
• The opportunity to truly “make a difference”
• A competitive salary with benefits
The role is based in Abuja, although travel within northern Nigeria will be required. Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound evidence of success in a business advisory or agricultural management role and a passion for development in Nigeria.
Please send your CV (maximum of three pages), full details of your referees, salary history and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details of the post can be found on our website: www.propcommaikarfi.org.
Closing date: Thursday December 18, 2014