Ongoing Recruitment at Saipem
Posted on: 9 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View Jobs posted same day
Saipem is a large and international turnkey contractors in the oil & gas industry.
The Company enjoys a superior competitive position for the provision of EPC/EPCI services to the oil industry both onshore and offshore with a particular focus on the toughest and most technologically challenging projects and activities in remote areas.
Saipem is a global contractor, with strong local presence in strategic and emerging areas such as West Africa, North Africa, Central Asia, Middle East, and South East Asia and it employs over 48,000 people, comprising more than 125 nationalities.
- Verify the completeness of contract documents (consistency check) and distribute them to project team members
- Track client, subcontractors, vendors obligations
- Administer the contract ensuring that project is performed in line with contractual obligations
- Liaise with project team, coordinate Project Contract Review, participate to meetings, manage and file all correspondence having a contractual relevance exchanged during project execution with clients, partners, subcontractors, vendors and authorities
- Monitor contract risks of critical work packages (subcontractors, vendors) and propose remedial actions
- Manage the change process on the project, including change orders, claims, back charges, penalties, new prices, dispute handling and resolution (except for litigation and arbitration) towards clients, main subcontractors and key vendors, ensuring that notices and notifications are issued as per contractual requirements, and participate in the generation of additional revenue as entitled by the contracts
- Check consistency between records, reports and correspondence, verify supporting documentation for invoicing and monitor that payments received are in line with the contractual terms
- Prepare reporting for project, company and corporate
- Ensure that Golden Rules and Silver Guidelines are implemented
- Maintain necessary liaison with other competent Saipem functions, in particular with Financial Administration, Insurance, Procurement and Risk referents
- Ensure all Project Certificates are duly issued by clients (e.g. Milestone Completion Certificates, Mechanical Completion, Handover Certificate, Provisional Acceptance Certificate)
- Provide collection and sharing of lessons learned, feedbacks and returns of experience on issues/criticalities encountered during project execution
- Civil Engineering, Law, Quantity Surveyor or Business Administration Degrees;
- Relevant experience, minimum of 3 years, in Oil and Gas sector
- Contract law specialized knowledge, strong negotiation skills, target oriented, excellent interpersonal skills, planning and analysis capabilities, knowledge of Oil & Gas projects, engaged in professional growth and continuous improvement.
go to method of application »
- Ensure the implementation of the Cost Control System, developing consolidated Cost Breakdown Structure according to the relevant procedure, reviewing the procurement/accounting system adopted in Saipem Contracting Nigeria, and verifying the application of the CBS and cost traceability
- Issuance of Project Cost Control Procedure, Cost Coding Manual and Risk Management Plan for Project Control Manager’s verification.
- Management of budgets, work schedule and cash flow activities.
- Coordinate the risk management activities, organizing brainstorming sessions for qualitative/quantitative assessment of identified risks and opportunities.
- Co-ordinate project financial analysis; most especially, Montecarlo Analysis.
- Monitor activity progress and the relevant earned value, as well as the value of work done against the invoices received, determining the monthly accruals.
- Support the Project during the contract changes/claims process, providing the cost impact analysis, and keep updated the cost/revenues forecast relevant to intercompany services.
- Analyse committed costs and activities to-date, review the estimate to complete, isolating any deviation from baselines or adverse trend and warn the PM on time to take corrective actions in order to prevent overruns.
- Maintain the risk management process organizing periodic meetings and verifying the risk owners feedback.
- Support the Project Control Manager in the preparation of the Project close-out Report and the cost feed-back data to Project Control and Commercial Department.
- Engineering degree or Management Science.
- A minimum of 5 years Budgets/Cost Control and management experience in an Engineering firm or a reputable construction firm.
- Good working knowledge of SAP
go to method of application »
- Execute the specific inspections on materials, equipment and construction/installation activities on site.
- Issue the relevant Quality Records and, when necessary, write and send to Quality Control Supervisor non-conformances reports.
- Check the preparation of foundations.
- Check the correct preparation of reinforcements.
- Check the certifications regarding element mixes, LASTM test, chemical analysis, grain size analysis.
- Monitor atmospheric conditions during pouring operations.
- Monitor correct curing operations.
- Check the sampling operations (when required).
- Review the laboratory examination results.
- Check sub-grade dry density.
- Check moisture content.
- Check compression strength test.
- Check after execution of casting.
- Check materials quality (wire, fitting, etc.)
- Verify special processes and the relevant workers qualifications.
- Orderly collect, check and manage documents certifying tests, controls and inspections carried out witnessing the tests, controls and inspections carried out.
- Check the conformity with the Quality Control Plan and obtain the relevant documentation.
- Ensure the correct implementation of the approved Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans.
- A degree in Civil Engineering or any other related field of study.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in Civil Engineering and Civil Quality Control position.
- Proven skills civil works activities, construction activities, control of instrument calibration; industry standards, quality control activities, quality inspection activities, quality reporting and site material control.
- Proven computer skills.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Latest Recruitment at AOS Orwell
- Latest Vacancies at AOS Orwell
- Head of Operations at Puma Energy
- Contracts Administrator/Tender Analyst at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- IT Manager at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at Brunel Energy Nigeria
- Maventeq Systems Limited Recruiting For Inspection Engineers
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Hobark International Limited (HIL)