MPH is a part of the international MPH Group (http://www.mphtechnicalservices.net/). We provide technical assistance to several industries/sectors (Oil, Gas, Construction, Petrochemical, Water treatment.)
Our client is currently looking for an “Engineering Operation Manager” willing to work on the following conditions:
Terms & Conditions
Work Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract Duration: 2 years (Possible extension)
Work Status : Resident or Rotation
Accommodation: To be confirmed
Meals: To be confirmed
Medical Insurance: To be confirmed
- Minimum 12 years of facilities engineering experience primarily in a planning role within the oil and gas industry with cost experience – a minimum of 5 years of which in a senior role.
- Extensive experience in Primavera and schedule management systems.
- Significant experience of recovery planning with inclusion of change management work-scopes.
- Must have at least “Skilled” level skills in Primavera P6 software, Power Point, Excel and MS Office. - must be able to provide direction, organize and train team members. Have mentoring and leadership skills and practices.
- Significant project controls skills with full awareness of interfacing requirements of the cost envelope within projects. Able to work laterally and generate project controls procedures encompassing planning and cost deliverables. Ability to lead authoritatively and offer guidance within the project controls domain.
- Fluent English language written and verbal communication skills – culturally sensitive.
- Able to multi task often in a less than perfect working environment.
- Tertiary technical qualifications essential – desirable Chartered/APM or working towards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops & maintains project planning procedures and tools for tracking and analysis of project progress against agreed baseline schedules.
- Develop and assure compliance with the allocated contract’s work breakdown structure and coding by review of project deliverables – provide guidance and assistance as required
- Lead project controls staff in the production of reporting deliverables – assist in the development of skills by indigenous staff to fulfil project reporting requirements
- Assist in the development, assessment and governance of the project controls skill-pool
- Assist the development, update and maintenance of corporate detailed planning deliverables for the THE COMPANY work-scope
- Knowledge of schedule risk management -assist in facilitation of risk management workshops as required
- Produce lateral deliverables encompassing planning and cost deliverables as required
- This is a role which aims to increase the existing CPC capability to provide an integrated project controls service of both planning and cost deliverables – CPC has a high technical workload particularly in the planning domain which needs extra resourcing particularly during times of staff rotational leave. By recruiting a multi-tasking resource with strong planning skills (particularly Primavera skills) and supporting cost engineering experience, service to commercial and the projects should be enhanced.
- Assist in the development of structured, consistent and accurate project planning, scheduling and cost reporting across ND
- Maximise the use and integration of planning, scheduling and cost reporting system
- Champion structured project controls methodology across the projects
- Provide guidance and assistance to the projects in resolving more complex project controls issues – e.g. recovery planning, time-writing, implementation of planning “steps”, fluid resource loading deliverables.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to indigenous project controls staff
- Within corporate commercial group
- Within The COMPANY project teams and associated client teams as required
Method of Application
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your updated CV on email@example.com
If you are not interested or not available to pursue this opportunity, please do not hesitate to refer your friends/colleagues who would fit the role.
OR use link to apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.