The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Abuja is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancies below:
ICRC is looking for young and energetic individuals who have good organisational, interpersonal and communication
skills. The successful candidate should have a sense of analysis and initiative, the ability to work independently and in a
team. The above position demands flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
- Co-ordinates all ramp activities and aircraft ground operations including the supervision of daily workers hired for the
- purpose of loading/off-loading of ICRC aircraft;
- Coordinates the movement of passengers. baggage, cargo and the mail through the airport and process these through customs and immigration;
- Orgamses the fuelling of ICRC aircraft and co-ordinate with other agencies at the airport such as customs, airport authorities, security personnel to ensure safe operation;
- Obtains airport passes for vehicles needed to enter the airport and monitors with the crew changes andlor amendments to the procedures relating to airport operations and security rules;
- Processes all passenger and cargo through the airport and channels all relevant communications related to aircraft operations:
- Follows up aircraft movement to!from Abuja and within points in Nigeria so to relay information about ICRC aircraft and to liaise with all field stations to ensure smooth coordination of operations;
- Assists the delegation in the coordination of emergency/medevac operations by air;
- Facilitates government clearances (tax exemption, customs documentation, clearances. airport access) and aviation related formalities from various government offices.
- Diploma in aviation andlorbusiness management or combination of education/professional training;
- Driving Licence (for manual transmission vehicles);
- Experience in transportation related occupation and conversant in airport operations/coordinatton;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of aviation technical terminology an asset;
- Some of the personal skilis required include: good in communication, networking, team work, adaptation, planning,
- organisation and having an unruffled self-assurance:
- Very good computer literacy.
- Ability to work independently and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate;
- Team-work oriented, with sound communication skills;
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organizational skills:
- Sound empathy when dealing with people and officials;
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes:
- Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters:
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and working procedures.
go to method of application »
- Responsible for premises and infrastructure
- Supervision of premises related staff and Head of Maintenance
- Supervision and control of all premises related expenses
- Negotiates lease agreement
- Deals with suppliers and other external interlocutors
- Responsible for all premises related fillings and statistics
- Follow-up utility bills of our premises
- Coordinates with Maintenance team on works in the premises
- University degree in Administration or any other relevant field
- 4 years experience in a similar field with preferably an international organization
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Ability to take initiative and deal with people
- Good management skills
- Good negotiation skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma) to the
No 31 Pope John Paul II Street,
Please clearly indicate preferred Job Title & Location on the envelope..
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving the applications is 16.12.2014. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. For more information about the ICRC.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.