The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being end reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and reaources. The Councils major program areas are HIV&AIDS, Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build research capacities in developing countries. The Population Council works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions. Due to the expansion of its programs, the Council is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position below:
- The Program Coordinator will provide coordination and provide technical support for the implementation of the HRH project titled Enhancing the Ability of Frontline Health Workers to Improve Health in Nigeria In line with the Council's commitments around reducing maternal mortality and morbidity, and Improving youth reproductive well being in Nigeria.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Level of Education: A minimum of University Degree in the Health or Social Sciences and MPH or MSc in a field related to Public Health
- Experience: 4 years experience implementing maternal/reproductive health programs Involving health system strengthening, significant advocacy and engagement with state and local government officials and departments, providing support for program activities in communities and health facilities, anti capacity building for health workers.
- Excellent general communication & interpersonal skills
- Language Requirements: Excellent spoken arid written English language
- Level of IT Expertise Required: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and use of the Internet for information gathering and research
- Experience working in the north, and ability to speak Hausa is preferred
- Experience working with International donor funded project a a strong plus, including budgeting of workshops, events, training, travel, as well as narrative and financial reporting
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Nigeria, especially to Bauchi and Cross River States
- Ability to handle a heavy workload with competing priorities and work independently with minimal supervision as part of a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter (stating your current salary and salary expectations) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names, starting with the surname first, then other names (e.g. Program Coordinator (RH-HRH)-BEN. Shehu Ekong) in the subject area of the email.
- All attachment must be in PDF format
- Candidate who do not follow the above instructions will be automatically disqualified.
- Population Council reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process at any time. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.