New Job at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Posted on: 5 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Standard Chartered is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 459415
- To maximise Customer Profitability from Client Relationships in Wholesale Bank Africa, providing innovative and value added financing while at the same time reducing the risk to the bank by using a structured approach.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To establish a reputation as a premier Structured Trade Finance Bank in Africa by increasing market penetration and getting a greater share of the target opportunities in the region.
- Be jointly responsible to achieve the quantitative and qualitative performance objectives set for the Structured Trade Finance Africa Team. Provide assistance and support in this endeavour and also operate independently under the guidance of the Head of Execution, STF Africa.
- Support the Global STF Team when a transaction has an Africa leg.
- Assume accountability for credit risk of Structured Trade Finance customers and operational risks of STF transactions. Ensuring a continuous dialogue with RM’s, operations and experts to ensure that all aspects of due diligence, audit and compliance are monitored and controlled. Ensure that the Structured Trade Finance business in Africa is written within the approved parameters of the Structured Trade Finance Underwriting Standards.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Wholesale Bank Strategy and Business Plans specific to the Structured Trade Finance business in Africa.
- Contribute to skills development of colleagues in the region by sharing knowledge, experience & expertise.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
- Experience in commercial and/or investment banking or associated disciplines.
- Knowledge of Structured Trade Financing Techniques and Trade Finance Products
- Credit Assessment and Decision skills.
- Awareness and understanding of market dynamics (supply and demand) and price.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
- In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered BankSimilar Jobs
- Intern Recruitment at CitiBank
- Latest Vacancies at the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS)
- Head, Internal Audit, Risk & Control at Sterling Asset Management and Trustees Limited
- Account Officers at Arkounting Business Concepts Limited
- Graduate Business Development Officers/Marketers at CrusaderSterling Pensions Limited - 8 Positions
- Accountants at Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners
- Graduate Accountants at Ojike & Partners
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Recruitment for Team Lead, Corporate Social Responsibility