Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions:
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist the State Project Officer in implementation of project activities in assigned state.
- Participate in coordination of project activities at community levels in the state
- Facilitate advocacy activities to ensure project acceptance in states and project LGAs
- Provide technical assistance to CBOs and CBD Agents
- Participate in monthly outreach and project review meetings
- Facilitate training and mentoring activities for CBOs in assigned states.
- Participate in result-based monitoring of project activities in LGAs.
- Supervise distribution of commodities to CBOs for use at the grass root
- Collect and collate relevant data from the communities
- Handle logistic arrangement for the trainings, meetings and advocacy at the state level.
- Facilitate at state level meetings with CBOs, CBD Agents and stakeholders
A Degree in Social Sciences with at least 3 years post National Youth Service experience, which must include at least 2 years in RH programming, social marketing and sub granting. Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs with the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders. An MPH is an added advantage. Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
go to method of application »
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, under the supervision of the M & E Manager and with technical oversight from the Coordinator of Monitoring and Evaluation, is responsible for the following duties:
- The M and E Officer will be responsible for the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities for SRH/Family planning in four North Western States (Jigawa, Katsina, Kebbi and Zamfara) and local government levels with primary-focus on community-based activities;
- Work directly with CBO implementing partners to facilitate the implementation of high quality M and E system for SRH/Family planning activities;
- Work closely with other staff to ensure synergy relevant to the implementation and documentation of the SRH/Family planning activities;
- Develop, review and ensure correct implementation of the SRH/Family planning activities as a subset of national M and E plan; as well as monitor the use of and inform necessary modification to M and E tools.
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans and guidelines and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy.
- Provide continuous technical assistance on data management to project team.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system
- Contribute effectively at national and sub-national levels to Health Management Information System strengthening
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly project reports, proposal writing and assessment exercises.
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams, and conduct operational research activities.
- Make presentations to stakeholders at both technical and non-technical sessions on program achievements and deliverables
- Represent and make appropriate presentation at professional meetings, conferences and workshops related to Monitoring and Evaluation including M&E Technical Working Group (TWG) and other relevant technical committees.
- MBBS with an MPH or Master’s degree in Social sciences, pharmacy or related field with at least 3-4 years M and E experience in SRH/Family planning.
- Also required is experience working with CBOs and USAID funded programs. Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of proficiency in computer packages and statistical software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epi-info and SPSS
go to method of application »
Provide transportation support to staff or project activities.
Handle vehicle fueling and maintenance, and ensure adherence to organization’s transport and security policies.
Provide logistical support as requested by the project office.
Level of Education – SSCE, Diploma
Certification of driver mechanic trade test and professional experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
At least 4 years of professional driving with valid Nigerian Driver’s license
Good spoken and written skills in English language with at least one local language predominant in the state.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before December 5th, 2014. Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees (i.e. from present and former employers). For every agency or organization that you have worked for please indicate the name of your supervisor, his/her functional email address and functional telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale