If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
901250 - Pipeline Cathodic Protection Installation Engineer
Our client is one of the largest international Oil & Gas companies in the world with operations covering the entire energy chain. The group operates in over 130 countries and employs over 95,000 personnel worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Pipeline Cathodic Protection Installation Engineer, based on 6/2 rotation in Nigeria.
- Monitor all construction activities related to Cathodic Protection Installation and Testing Works.
- Ensure HSE compliance of above activities with Project and Company specifications.
- Give the required assistance to Construction Superintendent.
- Assist the Project Management Team to ensure compliance with Pipeline Projects safety objectives throughout the life of the Project,
- Review detailed Engineering Cathodic Protection documents.
- Verify Cathodic Protection related procurement activities.
- Supervise Verification of Materials, Installation, Testing, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning of all Cathodic Protection Equipment along the Pipeline, at the Nodes and TC in order to achieve a proper execution of all contractors' activities and work for these areas and disciplines,
- Assess the seriousness and urgency of possible problems encountered by or with CONTRACTOR, and, when necessary, to obtain an acceptable remedial actions plan from CONTRACTOR,
- Assess the relevancy of the construction related VORs issued by CONTRACTOR, and prepare supporting data for the purpose of the internal VOR Review Meeting, under the responsibility of the Construction Superintendent,
- Maintain good relationships with CONTRACTOR and Third Parties,
- Keep informed the Construction Superintendent of all events which may affect the successful completion of the Project goals,
- Co-ordinate the activities of the various COMPANY Inspectors in his area, and clarify the interfaces between their respective scopes of responsibilities when and as required,
- Assist the Construction Superintendent to co-ordinate the Pipeline Site Quality Control, Site Safety, Site Engineering and Site Services as required,
Skills & Experience
- Extensive Cathodic Protection Construction, proven successful experience in an equivalent position. Experience in Nigeria is a plus
- Strong background in Cathodic Protection Cable Connections to Pipe, reinstatement of Corrosion Coating,
- Termination of Cables in Test Posts, Rectifier and Ground Bed Installation and DCVG Testing
- Proven experience with Cathodic Protection System Installation and Testing
- Proven leadership capabilities, strong reporting and organizational skills
- Fluent in English language, French is a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate efficiently
- Autonomous, self motivating but active team player. Hands on PC programs (Word/ Excel etc.)
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 901250.
Orion Group currently supplies over 4,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 40 offices worldwide, Orion Group operates internationally and in October 2013, were named the UK's number one for Oil & Gas recruitment.
- Consultant name: Iona MacDonald
- Email: Iona.Macdonald@orioneng.com
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here