GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
A member of the Global Growth and Operations team, the WA Security Leader will act as the business leader responsible for the identification, development and implementation of the General Electric's international security and crisis management strategies and programs for GE in West Africa, with particular focus on Nigeria. The incumbent will work with the Security & Market Risk Leader for Africa, Nigeria and regional CEOs, Business Leaders, Corporate Security and the Business Security Director.
- - Coordinate the implementation of all corporate security policy and initiatives for GE in West Africa, in cooperation with the Security & Market Risk Leader, Nigeria & regional CEOs, Business Security Directors and Business Leaders. Manage and develop all the security awareness programs in the regions.
- - Serve as the leader of the Nigeria Crisis Mgmt. Team and act as a key advisor to the Security & Market Risk Leader, Nigeria CEO, and Nigeria Crisis Management Team.
- - Coordinate the Business Continuity program across all businesses and ensure that the Business Continuity Plans are relevant and updated as per policy. Facilitate Business Continuity drills for all Mission Critical facilities across the region.
- - Direct development of effective strategies to mitigate risk, maintain continuity of operations and safeguard the company, its people and operations. Implement GE standards and expectations for site security, operations and activities to ensure the protection of executives, managers, employees, customers, stakeholders, visitors, etc, (both physical and information assets).
- - Assure quality, consistency, and efficiency of security processes for security prevention, awareness, crisis management, and business continuity within their area of responsibility.
- - Coordinate with Regional and Business Leaders to identify and maintain security processes, practices and policies that reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure and liability in all areas of information, financial, physical, personal and reputational risk.
- - Design and implement emergency response plans and associated training. Assure protection of business critical and proprietary systems.
- - Manage the GE Travel Security program for employees traveling to and living in West Africa, with particular attention to Nigeria. Manage all journey management programs in the region, including executive protection.
- - Assure compliance with all government regulatory requirements relative to Security. Audit sites and organizations to ensure GE fully complies with it's Security and Crisis Management Policy
- - Develop and sustain relationships with high level Nigerian and international law enforcement and security organizations and private sector counterparts to ensure a complete understanding of the security environment in West Africa, particularly Nigeria.
- - Assist the Intellectual property counsels in implementing the different programs related to Intellectual Property Protection. Assist the IT departments with the investigations of any breach.
- - Bachelors Degree or international equivalent. Masters Degree preferred. Concentration in management, criminal justice, law enforcement technology, enterprise risk, or similar field or equivalent experience.
- - Minimum of 10-12 years' experience in law enforcement, security or intelligence for governmental agencies or major multinational corporations.
- - Extensive experience in managing and conducting international security operations including physical security, investigations, personal protection and crisis management. Operating in a multi national environment preferred.
- - Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams. Demonstrated ability to project manage and deliver results
- - Strong interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organization
- - English (oral and written) communication skills are required. Additionally, operational capability in French would be advantageous.
- - Exceptional leadership skills, critical & creative thinker with high-level negotiation skills - Ability to develop and transfer knowledge in a matrix environment - Previous experience in a senior security role in the private sector in Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.