Plan WARO, in collaboration and with the support of Plan Canada, is recruiting a Compliance Managers to support West African countries in the implementation of its Global Funds portfolio. The role is part of a cross-functional program team responsible for quality implementation of complex multi-million dollar grant funded programs and projects. The team includes specialists in Program Management, Monitoring & Evaluation and relevant thematic areas such as Gender, Health, Education, Livelihoods, etc.
Number of position to be recruited: 1
Location: Plan West African region
Closing date: December 15 , 2014
Summary of the position:
The Compliance Manager’s role within this team will be to provide oversight and analysis of the financial health of assigned projects while ensuring compliance to Global Funds requirements. The Compliance Manager will also contribute to proposal development focusing on budgeting for quality implementation and maximum cost recovery.
The position is flexibly based in the West African region, within a Plan International Office with extended travel to Plan field offices (up to 60%).
Working closely with Canadian project team members and Plan field offices:
- Review donor and partner agreements ensuring the financial terms and conditions are compatible with Plan’s systems and are favourable to quality implementation and reporting.
- Lead the preparation and submission of project budgets, forecasts and financial reports ensuring alignment with project activities.
- Identify areas of risk by providing regular analysis of financial health of projects against standard key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and implement strategies to minimize risks.
- Ensure all project expenditures and contracts are in compliance with terms and conditions of donor agreements by conducting regular desk audits as well as occasional in-field audits.
- Oversee donor financial audits.
- Identify ways to maximize efficiencies within and across projects.
- Provide training and ongoing support to relevant stakeholders including Canadian project team members, Plan field offices and Partners on understanding donor financial compliance, identifying risks and other best practices related to financial management.
- Participate in proposal development teams, leading the budget development with a focus on appropriate costing models, alignment with proposed activity and staffing plans as well as maximizing cost recovery.
- Drawing from best practices and lessons learned, contribute to development and implementation of standardized package for quality financial management of grant funded projects including standard KPIs, budget and reporting guidelines, Gift In Kind treatment, procurement and asset management plans, compliance training, project start-up and closing procedures, etc..
Desirable skills and competencies
Profile: Professional preferably with a degree in Business or Finance related degree (preferably an accounting designation or MBA), fluent in oral and written English with functional working knowledge of French, demonstrating exceptional skills in building productive working relationships with colleagues and strong ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, to review/synthesize information with strong attention to detail, meet deadlines and produce high quality donor reports
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, grants analysis
- Progressive experience in financial reporting and analysis, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements of donor government agencies in particular Global Fund. Understanding of order donors mechanisms such as DFATD; multilateral agencies (, Global Sanitation Fund, UNICEF, AfDB, etc.) and/or charitable organizations / Foundations preferred is also desirable.
- Experience leading or participating in financial audits.
- Hands on experience reviewing complex contracts and agreements.
- Coaching and mentoring skills for building project staff capacity on quality financial management.
- Flexible approach to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, Internet and databases.
Method of Application
Your application should include:
- Cover letter
- Details of 2 referees, one of whom should be your current supervisor
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale