Executive Jobs at H.Pierson Associates Limited
Posted on: 1 November, 2011
Deadline: 15 November, 2011
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at H. Pierson Associates
H.Pierson’s client, the Cross River State Government has mandated us to carry out an executive recruitment exercise to acquire qualified and high achieving workforce for its PPP unit. The potential candidates will be obligated to strengthen public-private partnership projects, to meet the goals and objectives and ensure consistent achievement of superior results for the unit.
Job Title: Director General, PPP
Location: Cross River
• Establish a fully functional PPP unit that is capable of ensuring that the needs of the Government of Cross River State are met when it comes to a PPP programme that delivers projects that are sustainable and financed and delivered by the projects that are sustainable and financed and delivered by the private sector.
• Ensure that PPP projects are prepared for competitive market bidding in such a way that all financial and risk components are adequately identified, quantified and allocated in a manner consistent with prescribed methodologies
• Provide assistance to line ministries at all stages of a project life-cycle in the preparation of initial project investment proposals for projects that could be suitable for PPP, the appointment of transaction advisors to assist in the project preparation, feasibility study, ensuring the study is of adequate quality for review, ensuring the financing structure is sound for the involvement of State.
• Financial institutions is appropriate, ensuring bidding documents are suitable for market issuance, assisting the Line Ministry with bidding processes and bidder
• Assisting the Line Ministry with negotiation and award of the PPP contract and assisting the Line Ministry with contract management
• Assisting the Ministry of Finance in establishing and managing a Project development facility for the provision of funding for transaction advisors.
• 10-15 years of successful and verifiable experience in a senior management position with a reputable investment company/bank or project sponsor.
• Preferably a post graduate qualification in finance, with a supplementary master in Business Administration.
• Must be a top class manager who is driven and pro-active.
• Must be able to lead large teams with complex task requirements.
• Must be able to analyze and solve complex problems.
• Must have a balanced personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Title: Director, Support Services
Location: Cross River
Develops, implements, controls and evaluates departmental goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
Coordinates the operations and administration of the unit and staff and assists with Maintenance.
Develops organizational systems in each department to reflect the department’s role.
Develops documentation and reporting systems to maintain records and communication for the department.
Supervises designated staff by performing duties such as interviewing and hiring, scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance, disciplines employees and determining related training and orientation requirements.
Responsible for purchasing of supplies, receiving supplies, resolving discrepancies with suppliers stock control and monitoring of supplies.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
First degree in Accounting, Administration or any related discipline.
Masters degree in Business Administration or public Administration.
Professional membership with ACA or Nigerian Institute of Management or Chartered institute of personnel management.
Minimum of 10 years cognate experience.
Display high level of organization and planning skills.
Excellent written, presentation, oral and communication skills.
Ability to work and contribute to a team building environment.
Proficiency in the use of a computer.
Job Title: Director, Legal Compliance and Risk Management
Location: Cross River
Oversees internal audit staff responsible for assessment of compliance risk management programs at an enterprise-level and auditing execution of legal and regulatory requirements in diverse lines of business and specialty areas.
Provide major input to staff audit engagement planning, field work, reporting, and the identification, development and documentation of audit issues, and recommendations for their remediation.
Manages the implementation of compliance audit procedures, including, but not limited to , identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting auditee processes and procedures and assessing appropriateness of any needed remediation.
Interacts with middle and senior level compliance management in ongoing evaluation and consultation about Capital One compliance risk management processes.
Assists compliance Audit vice president/managing vice president in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations.
Continually achieves and maintains high level of regulatory compliance and risk management practices knowledge.
May interact directly with regulatory agency examination teams.
May manage up to 4 people and have staff management responsibilities including hiring, training, evaluating staff, and taking corrective action when necessary.
A first good degree in law
At least 10 years post qualification experience
Must be computer literate
Member of relevant association
Proven track record with evidence in legal drafting, commercial transactions, project finance, transaction legal advisory services and corporate legal services.
Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
Good knowledge of Nigeria's legal system and law
Job Title: Director, Technical Evaluation and Monitoring
Location: Cross River
Leading the development of annual work plans for the state team and district project teams.
Leading the development of a framework system for project activities in the state for monitoring progress and process documentation, including drafting progress and results reports in line with the state requirements
Leading the review of project progress in the state through analysis of project reports, rapid assessments and other information sources, using these for providing timely feedback to the project technical team for course correction and improved impact of the program.
Participating in and facilitating the Design and development of projects. Design and implementation of an effective monitoring and evaluation plan, consistent with the annual work plans and approved action monitoring plan
Identification of short-term technical assistance needs including experts and organizations that can contribute to the M&E work plans
Design and implementation of project led operations research.
Providing support to the PPP unit by establishing standards of quality in their capacity building initiatives and in ensuring that the initiatives are in line with establishing standards (training quality assurance)
Developing guidelines for evidence reviews
Ensuring high quality process documentation
Providing technical assistance to Government
Providing oversight and support to M&E specialists in designing, conducting and supervising qualitative and Quantitative studies relevant to the project and ensuring high quality deliverables.
Supervising M&E specialists and consultants so as to ensure their timely deliverables according to the activities assigned
First degree in Engineering, Architecture or any related discipline
Membership of relevant professional body
Diploma/Certificate in project programme management
Minimum of 10 years cognate experience
Must have personally been involved in managing a number of PPPs-varied experience in this regard will be an added advantage.
Experience in specialist utility, financial/commercial expertise.
Should have previously led teams in similar field
Track record of having managed multiple projects/teams
Good management, organization and communication skills
Experience in the use of Microsoft Project Office
Method of Application
Qualified candidates for any of these roles should apply via: http://smartrecruiters.com/HPiersonAssociatesLimited by clicking on the relevant job links or send their resume to email@example.com stating the post applied for as subject matter. The exercise expires in 2 weeks from this publication. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about H. Pierson AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Cashier at Bet9ja
- Accounts Clerks at Heirs Holdings Limited
- Job Vacancies at a Leading Group Of Companies
- Job Openings at a Foremost Business Membership Organisation
- Job Vacancies at an Expanding Group of Companies
- MYJOBMAG MUST READ SERIES: GET THE JOB - USE OF ENGLISH