If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO) has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 25 years.
We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable.
AMSCO grew out of the African Training and Management Services Project (ATMS), a joint initiative of International Finance Corporation (IFC), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and African Development Bank (AfDB).
A tremedous opportunity for a proactive and business development professional to directly impact and participate in the growth for the company exists. We are looking for candidates, who currently reside and work in the following countries: Cameroon, Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria
The incumbent shall be responsible for the execution of the Development and Advisory Solutions strategy for that country(s) or territory. Reporting to the Head of Operations s/he will be tasked with seeking opportunities to forge partnerships with Private Sector Organisations, Governments, Foundations, Donors or International and local NGO’s; to deliver innovative solutions contributing to inclusive business growth, job creation, poverty alleviation and sustainable growth of communities.
- Together with the HOO and DAS Manager, develop the overall engagement strategy for Proposal Development, bidding and service provider assignments sourcing strategy.
- Lead and /or support opportunity assessments in the country / territory in line with priority plan.
- Develop winning concepts, bid and proposals in collaboration with the Director of Business Development, HOO, DAS Manager and/or operations teams.
- Work closely with Business Development and teams to source, endorse and utilise strategic partners on future projects.
- In collaboration with the DAS Manager, lead establishment and negotiations of formal agreements.
- First point of contact for the completion of development programmes required for competitive bids.
- Collate information and compile reports of strategic partnership plans and transactions.
- Establish, manage and maintain database of strategic partners.
- Coordinate and provide oversight on the reporting requirements of all programmes under implementation in consultation with the ATMS Foundation and the Heads of Operations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams which include business service functions (Corporate Services) at AMSCO to ensure that business process impacts are understood across functions in business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BSc or B.A. degree in business administration, Economics, Marketing or relevant degree.
- A Master’s Degree / MBA advantageous.
- Minimum of five (5) years, experience within an analytical and strategic role within private sector / development space.
- Experience in competitive bidding within African procurement environment.
- Understanding of business environment.
The candidate should have the following:
- Ability to indentify real opportunities based on business plan
- Results driven
- Able to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Able to adapt influencing style to different situations
- Able to work in teams
- Ability to manage people of all levels
- Must be creative
Knowledge and Expertise:
- Proven track record in business and programme development design.
- Extensive experience in researching, designing, developing and authoring quality and winning proposals.
- Ability to build internal teams and external networks.
- Project management and planning within tight deadlines.
- Experience in managing through KPI’s.
- The ability to work independently, managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Understanding and passion for social economic development via private sector principles.
- Ability to adapt style to work effectively across geographic and cultural boundaries
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.