Graduate Job Opportunity at VANSO
Posted on: 2 December, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at VANSO
VANSO is a wireless messaging and software provider with a particular focus on the banking industry. Its unique platform and accompanying tools ease the process of creating both, the backend and apps for smart phones and tablets.
VANSO now seeks the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of:
- The System Administrator is responsible for effective provision, installation/configuration and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure for Vanso Nigeria Limited.
- This role will assist clients with technical issues in the Initiation and implementation phases of Vanso’s excellent business continuity efforts.
- The Systems Administrator will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Install and configure systems such as supports Vanso’s messaging infrastructure applications
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Deliver gateway ,telco and bank operations and business continuity
- Develop client training manuals as well as conduct onsite training as may be required
- Track queue and provide weekly queue delivery reports (this should include reasons for queue and feedback on resolutions)
- Deploy, maintain and manage VANSO’s client help desk
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and performs other activities as assigned
- B.Sc Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related course
- Professional certifications are desired
- One (1) - three (3) years post graduate Linux system administration, engineering and relational databases experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and analytical/ problem solving skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix or Linux
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously,
- Highly self-directed, a strong individual contributor and a strong team player
- Knowledge of computer operating systems and hardware
- Network fundamentals, including diagnostics with Unix tools, Linux ES 3, 4, and 5
- Working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers
- Well versed in Apache web server, PHP, MySQL and VMWare
- Ability to deploy, support, and diagnose real issues for a production environment
- Proficiency with fiber channel switches and SANs
- Familiarity with Cisco CatOS and IOS
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
Method of Application
Compensation and benefits for the role is highly attractive and competitive. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about VANSOSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Jobs at Proxynet Communications
- Technical Success Manager at Andela Nigeria
- Accounting Assistant at Access Solutions Limited
- Company Driver at Merit Telecoms Nigeria Limited
- Social Media Marketer at NaijaSEO
- Admin/HR Manager at Ultra Media Solutions Limited
- Account Assistant at Infranet Limited
- Jobs at Fusion Mobile Nigeria Limited