Latest Job Opportunity at VSO Nigeria
Posted on: 1 December, 2014
Deadline: 10 December, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
|The Finance Manager will lead on all financial management matters and ensure that VSO Nigeria fulfils its financial management and reporting obligations to relevant government agencies, donors, and other stakeholders in an accurate, transparent and timely manner. S/He will be part of the Management Team and coordinate with Global and Regional VSO counterparts to ensure compliance with financial management policies, systems and standards.
1. Financial Administration
2. Finance Management
3. Staff Supervision and Management
4. Strategic Management
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- The ideal applicant will be a fully qualified accountant with strong technical accounting skills and excellent IT skills. S/He will have experience of leading budgeting processes in a complex multi-national organisation, working with NGOs and working overseas. It is also essential that the candidate possesses the following:
- Knowledge of financial management of restricted and unrestricted funds, financial reporting, procurement procedures and grant management;
- Strong familiarity with donor rules and regulation for non-profit organizations;
- Experience in working with multiple foreign currencies and understanding of foreign exchange hedging;
- Strong leadership experience in budget management, financial planning and analysis;
- Strong knowledge in internal control systems and accounting year-end procedures;
- Knowledge of internal and external audit procedures and reporting requirements;
- Knowledge of tax issues pertinent to relevant national and international legislation, in particular, Nigeria and the United Kingdom.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Fresh Job Opportunities at Mercy Corps
- TA - Child Protection Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists at Cuso International
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Randstad Construction Property Engineering - Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Job Opportunities at FHI 360
- Graduate WASH Technical Assistant at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Logistics Coordinator at Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)